Bolt on turbo kit (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

6D0AEB9B-8E6A-48D9-819E-653B013AAED0.jpeg

Any estimates of the weight of the whole kit boxed up? How will these be shipped out?

Heavier than $5500 worth of gold would be my guess. Then again, $5500 in gold is a whopping 134 grams, so I suppose that isn’t saying much ;)

Well I decided it would be dumb to not take advantage of this opportunity. Besides I've always thought the L/C would be great with a turbo and having it be legal for Cali is the best thing I can imagine....just placed my order for one. Hope my HG and trans will handle the upgrade and stay in one piece. :cool:

That is true for you @cruiserdan, but doubt that it is true of @Qball ;). He would have bought the SC 4 years ago and taken a few years to install and come across the thread of Joey thinking of starting a turbo build just after install and silently hoping it wouldn't come to fruition while still pondering what to do if it actually did. Just trying to make him glad that he passed on the supercharger.

Hahahaha, thanks and appriciate the effort. I am terrible at letting projects sit for years, however I would of installed the SC pronto! It was around 5 years ago and it would make the SC lightly used and highly valueable. :hillbilly:

My KAZUMA S/C is a highly collectable, low serial-number, first edition and has been gently used by a notable Land Cruiser Community Patron. It should be worth at least 5,500 bucks plus whatever it costs to get the turbo installed.......ebay, here I come!

I suspect the turbo kit would not lose much value after marshmallow gives up its ghost......if it gives up the ghost.
The spirit is willing but the flesh is spongey and bruised

Heavier than $5500 worth of gold would be my guess. Then again, $5500 in gold is a whopping 134 grams, so I suppose that isn’t saying much ;)

Thanks for the info. I guess a gram of cocain is worth more then a gram of gold.

Thanks for the info. I guess a gram of cocain is worth more then a gram of gold.

Ebb and flow.

I don’t have a final shipping weight. The heaviest individual component is the cast iron turbine housing of the turbo.

so is there any report of the running temps on the test vehicle yet? I don't remember seeing any. the guys in the hot Arizona deserts would like to know...

so is there any report of the running temps on the test vehicle yet? I don't remember seeing any. the guys in the hot Arizona deserts would like to know...

Temps haven’t passed 190° in the past 1000 miles but that doesn’t mean much since ambient temps have been on the cool side.

Nah, golds $41/gm. Not even heroine is that high. I suspect on a gram for gram comparison, the turbo will not only be cheaper than cocaine and will simultaneously provide similar amounts of joy, and increased levels of anxiety bordering paranoia when in the presence of law enforcement officers.

But this truck might not have been perfectly baselined to begin with so take that with a grain of salt.

Temps haven’t passed 190° in the past 1000 miles but that doesn’t mean much since ambient temps have been on the cool side.

So now what are we going to do with this thread? Poll for first person to install??

Nah, golds $41/gm. Not even heroine is that high. I suspect on a gram for gram comparison, the turbo will not only be cheaper than cocaine and will simultaneously provide similar amounts of joy, and increased levels of anxiety bordering paranoia when in the presence of law enforcement officers.

i am sure some of the new divorce papers thanks to this kit will be way more than 41 bucks a gram.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom