Blown Fuse (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I have no advice specific to that fuse, but have you cleaned the fuse contacts? Checked the wires in/out of the fuse block? Maybe remove the cluster (after pulling battery +, then reinstalling it when cluster is out...giant mega shorting possibility on removal) and check the ammeter wire connections. Give things a jiggle one by one and you might find your culprit. Of course, this method requires a lot of spare fuses. ;) I'd suggest reading through this outstanding thread that we all read at some point. TONS of awesome info. And get a digital voltmeter (multimeter) and/or a test light.

Hey! We've got a member in Pittsboro. Any chance you know @weejub ? Come introduce yourself in our clubhouse. Olde North State Cruisers. Our annual Meet & Greet is coming up the weekend of March 10. Carolina Relic Run is happening in June.

My first hunch would be to check the temperature sender wire on the cylinder head. Mine has come loose a couple of times over the years and, Murphy's Law, taken out the gauge before blowing the fuse. D'oh.

Best

Mark

www.marksoffroad.net

Well, Since the FJ45 did not come from the factory with an AMP, I would suspect that wiring first. How many watts can that amp put out? Is it possible you have the amp cranked, the heater running and go into reverse and it blows due to simply being overloaded?

The Heater Fuse protects the following: All Gauge power, Seat Belt Warning Relay/Buzzer, Heater front and rear, Back-Up Lights, Brake Low Pressure Warning Circuit and in your case an AMP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom