BlackBox-C Land Cruiser Planetary Underdrive (2 Viewers)

I see there are a couple options. So I would like your guys input. On the thermal switches there is 2 pole normally closed. I assume a person would want to control the relay with that style switch and not the pump..?

I also see grounding thermal switches which are 1 wire. I assume you could control the relay ground with that style..?

Less wiring running under the vehicle with 1 wire. But what other pros and cons to each. Thanks.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star
I see there are a couple options. So I would like your guys input. On the thermal switches there is 2 pole normally closed. I assume a person would want to control the relay with that style switch and not the pump..?

I also see grounding thermal switches which are 1 wire. I assume you could control the relay ground with that style..?

Less wiring running under the vehicle with 1 wire. But what other pros and cons to each. Thanks.

while not being an expert WRT vehicle electronics, I would go with a switch that was open when cold and closed (grounded) when at appropriate temperature.
@emorth bat signal lit... ( he is our club’s EE expert and retired automotive electronics instructor)

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
while not being an expert WRT vehicle electronics, I would go with a switch that was open when cold and closed (grounded) when at appropriate temperature.
@emorth bat signal lit... ( he is our club’s EE expert and retired automotive electronics instructor)

Same thing I was thinking. Normally open thermo switch, that closes when it hits (or goes above) temp. That wired into the control side of the solenoid powering the pump would be perfect.

This is how I would do it.

PUMP CIRCUIT.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom