Builds bj 6.0l build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was going to wait till I had more to post before starting a build thread on here. But I've run into a couple issues so I'm hoping you guys can help me out. I wheeled zuks for years but wheelin is a family hobby and things were getting cramped. so I sold the sami and bought this

now for the problem I've searched here as well as all the other offroad forums and I cant get any solid info on swapping the 6.0 in and keeping the h55

the 6.0l is the same bellhousing pattern as any other chevy minus one bolt hole that isn't tapped on the 6.0 block and the h55 is the same bolt pattern as a 4 speed box so all you need is a chevy to toyo bellhousing or adaptor plate, your h55 will have the long fine spline input shaft if it came off a 3b diesel so you'll need to change the input shaft to a short course spline or make sure you get a deeper bellhousing for the longer inputshaft. when we did my 6.0 swap we put an ls1 flywheel on the 6.0 and reused my old 350 to h55 dellow bellhousing it all bolted up fine

bellhousing bolt hole that's not tapped on the block, I think theres a gallery or something behind it

6.0L.jpg

marks adapter or ranger torque splitter from advance adapters? Or I think advance has a bellhousing adapter they make themselves or did.

Since sadam said the four speed bell housing was going to work I went back on to advance adapters site and they now offer marks 4wd h55 to ls kit. Unfortunately the cost is over budget for me. So im looking at picking up a 5.3 complete with harness pcm and trans tomorrow. And then I'll order my blackbox if it's what I want

fabbed up some axle stands from some old camper jacks I had salvaged last fall so im not hunched over sitting on the floor work on this thing

started cleaning up the housing and it looks in pretty decent shape considering what the brakes and hubs looked like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom