Bink's Fabrication-Modesto, CA 80 series Sliders (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So are agreeing or disagreeing:confused:

As for sliders I have only had slider on my 1st 80 and they were definitly not bolted to the rocker panel. For me sliders are not needed, I now use rock rails.

Since when did they paint cruisers in chrome?:flipoff2:
Phil that cruiser is the cleanest ive ever seen. NICE!

Binks/Wilson or anyone that has some Binks sliders...how about mounting them up then placing a jack under the cat protector on one end and try supporting the truck? Maybe that will quiet the critics

:popcorn:

U realize thats pressbroke .250" with about 2" of plate in the vertical(diaganol plane)? If u have pics of that material thickness,pressbroke and fully welded out and actually bent and twisted "all over the place" i say post up. Otherwise i call a huge level of bull****.

call it want ever you want but from what I've seen if the full weight of the vehicle comes down on either the front or rear of that plate something is going to give.

So are agreeing or disagreeing with Binks Fab quality?:confused:

As for sliders I have only had slider on my 1st 80 and they were definitly not bolted to the rocker panel. For me sliders are not needed, I now use rock rails.

Got a link to a build on these?

No link but Im sure Binks Fab could reproduce them I do have pictures if needed. Looking back a little overbuilt, lots of needed clearance lost.

PM Sent.

I think this is just gonna be another thread that a certain arrogant person is gonna crap on. Unless it's sold from the biggest name company's.

Again these are a production piece. Pm me or call the shop 209 402 6433. Jeremy is our salesguy and he will get you in line and taken care of. Moderators I hope I am not out of line giving my phone number and pimping these if I am please let us know what we need to do in order to be appropriate on your site. I guess I need to buy my own 80 series to torture test so noone can have ill comments about what we build. Im sure I can thrash one of these 10 times harder than most people will:D

Also does this forum have a vendors sale section? I'd like to spread the word more widely about these products. All of you 80 series guys deserve quality products like we are producing:)

re: vendors - PM Woody. He'll get you set up. Looks nice.

I think these are the best sliders I have seen to date. If you are putting the full weight of the truck on the cat protector then you or your spotter has screwed up. My view on the cat protection, high clearance the cats then you don't even need it. I don't understand why people build their sliders around the stupid cat's that hang down 5" any ways. Mad props for building something new for us, I am tired of looking at all the same crap.

call it want ever you want but from what I've seen if the full weight of the vehicle comes down on either the front or rear of that plate something is going to give.

I will gladly drop my truck off the forklift onto a jackstand or something similar placed under the cat protection he has built and post any pics u need. I work right beside bink, welding production bumpers while he builds this stuff. He wheels harder than most, if not all his customers and the pieces are built accordingly...

I respect ur ideas/concerns and we can absolutely 'prove' to u the strength of his designs and fabrication talents if thats what u need...my sliders dont currently have the level of cat protection he is building into these and im not havin any issues. The underside of my chassis is scrapped and gouged to the point knowone would doubt it gets wheeled

Let me know what u wanna see. It would be nice to think u were a potential customer w legit concerns though. Not just some random keyboard jockey whos gonna pick on anyone selling a product for landcruisers, etc... Im sure u can see my point...

Just for curiousity how many of you guys would be interested in a high clearance cat "kit"? I toyed with this idea before building this because I dislike something hanging below the framerails and started thinking with the age of these vehichles it may be time for cat replacement and what better way than maybe a kit that bolts on like stock but offers significant clearance. Its just an idea but it may be something I'll run with if I get enough interest.

If bink wasnt such a professional he would simply post a pic of his sliders next to the big name companies set we just replaced on a customers vehicle we have here in the shop and dispell all this bs...

So are agreeing or disagreeing with Binks Fab quality?:confused:

Binks has built some top notch stuff, im not questioning his products as a whole. I dont like the way the skid attaches.

The skid is going to act as a teeter totter and pivot in the center with only those bolts holding it on.

Maybe im mistaken, but is this your truck in on the bottom of the page? Piecve of tubing bolted to the pinch seem on the rocker panels.... Definitely a bad idea.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/509915-slider-idea-need-input.html

Again, if u could please post some pics we could go from there, otherwise ur just giving ur opinion on something u havent even seen in person:rolleyes: i dont wanna go round and round w this. These parts get beat on pretty hard and these vehicles are quite heavy. So far ur just typing while were out wheelin and smashing these things on rocks...

As soon I have the opportunity to put theses sliders on I will take photos and for everyone to see. I will bring a lousy spotter with me to purposely put weight on my cat protector to determine its strength. I'm confident it'll do its job. To be continued.......

Binks has built some top notch stuff, im not questioning his products as a whole. I dont like the way the skid attaches.

The skid is going to act as a teeter totter and pivot in the center with only those bolts holding it on.

Maybe im mistaken, but is this your truck in on the bottom of the page? Piecve of tubing bolted to the pinch seem on the rocker panels.... Definitely a bad idea.

https://forum.ih8mud.com/80-series-tech/509915-slider-idea-need-input.html

Read the thread...Rock rail not a slider:doh: My old sliders pictured above

I'm done!

Sorry Binks for the hi-jack you build some nice stuff Best of luck to you.

Geez, man if you don't want to take input on something, then you really shouldn't post it on a public forum. I am sold on the quality of the product, and I may be wrong, but I don't think landtank is questioning that. I can see his point though in that since the cat skid is bolted in the middle with two bolts, that if for whatever reason you happen to come down hard on a rock pinnacle either in front of or behind the bolted connection, that the skid might pivot at the bolt location and what goes up could damage whatever it came in contact with. It also doesn't matter what it is made of or how well it is built, that particular skid is only as good as the bolted connection and the contact area between the brace and the skid.

It was just an observation, that's all. No need to get so upset. I love his front bumper, matter of fact, it is my favorite aftermarket bumper to date, and the sliders look great, I like the continuous taper, definitely different and I am looking forward to seeing how they look mounted up.

I also think the idea of a hi clearance option for the cat is a great idea and would also open up to a better front leg for the passenger side. Maybe look into offering it as a single cat setup to eliminate the length that is a large part of the overall problem.

Keep the new products coming. :clap:

Dude, this forum is quite unique... U post the same stuff on pirate where people actually wheel and its all gooood... Come here and i could post a piece of solid inconel cryo frozen, cross braced and double dipped in triangulation and some dork on the computer who hasnt even wheeled in a decade will call u out cause it might deflect 0.0000065" under the most insanely far fetched insane scenario...

It must be hard for this site to get vendors that deal w that day by day and actually bother dealing with some of the petty ramblings

I completely agree with. Jynx........ This is the second time you.... Booger Weldz has gone out of your way to be complete a hole when some one makes a simple statement .....and last time i checked..your not the builder of any of these fine products..... My advise to you to put a cap on your sharp tongue......and the random guy.....your trashing has been a member since 2003 and is well respected on this site and has manufactured some great products for Mudder's ..you've been around since what. July! Take it easy....

Regards

Lou

Sent from my iPad using IH8MUD

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom