bikini top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
whats the differance between the bikini top from sor or from quardatac???? sor says they make their own or are they made by bestop. i want the vinyl one. the reason is that they are 20 dollars cheaper on quardatrac

Last edited:
Vinyl bikini top from SOR
1971LandCruiser3.jpg

Don't know the difference but I really like mine from SOR. Fits nice and looks nice.

Do both attach the same to the windshield frame?
Hows the fit for each with soft doors? hard doors?

I haven't found one that fills the gap between the full doors (soft or hard) so I'm interested what info shows up in this thread.

$or is pricey, i bought mine at a local jeep store for cheap

I have the SOR Safari style (with the roll back sunroof) bikini top in grey; used it for just a few weeks before my hardtop was ready which I'll sell you for $50. Pretty much still brand new. You will need the 'tiger channels' for the windshield frame though.

i bought mine from Tpi for 85 dollars with free shipping and i was happy with it all summer

I'm trying to figure out what is pricey...I paid $120 for my family Bikini from $OR and love it. $120 isn't pricey, even their normal Bikini is $77!

I recently bought a Bestop bikini top, and it seems alright. I wish I could recall the manufacturer of my last top (I bought that back in about 1992 or '93), though, as it was much better. My old top had snaps which came down from the sides of the windshield channel on either side. The new Bestop just has the channel, and no snaps. Anyone know the difference?

Of course, it is illegal to remove the doors here in the land of Big Brother, so you can't really see my bikini top all that well anyway from the side.

I got my Bestop from JT Outfitters, and they were fine.

Cheers,

Josh

Do both attach the same to the windshield frame?
Hows the fit for each with soft doors? hard doors?

I haven't found one that fills the gap between the full doors (soft or hard) so I'm interested what info shows up in this thread.

iv never seen a bikni top that fills that gap between the side of the top and the top of the door
on a jeep you can get those 1/2 cab tops.... but they are pretty ugly and... well obviously they fit jeeps but im sure someone somewhere makes them for a 40 but i dont think that would be cheap

Ken,
I have one from OCD in sunbrella red I can send you pics in a few weeks. The tub is in the booth being painted by me tomorrow. If you are not in a hurry and can wait, please let me know.

Last edited:
I second copasspupil and JohnnyC's sentiment. Get ocdbeetle to make you one. Way better quality, way better price ($57).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom