Bi fold door pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
could someone please post up pictures of the bi fold door from inside the vehicle? I have the “safety latches” and the hooks on the door. I need to see how the latches attach to the sides. Does the perch sit above the top or ha g below the top? The SOR diagram looks like thee go up, but I’m not sure. Also not sure I can flip them if they are incorrect once I get the top in place. That’s why I’m trying to get this correct the first time.

Thanks!!

First pic was from @middlecalf found the rest using google so not sure who posted them
CB8DC4B3-B012-4240-9AB1-E50632F8C520.jpeg
86E701A3-E849-4CCD-853A-3943BB5B712B.jpeg
AE49703B-ADE0-4378-8D6E-310066E690C5.jpeg
0D2DCFD9-73E3-43A6-A12C-7959965E8A7F.jpeg

I don't have the bar, but I would think it would go where the two screws are, but mounted up top, the photo looking from the top shows the clip that holds it in place when the doors are closed. The picture of the red Cruiser looks like its hanging down from there.
IMG_8165.jpg
IMG_8163.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 3.50.17 PM.png

Thanks. The red one appears to have the rod loop above the top line of the sides. This is how the SOR diagram shows it, in my opinion, but isn’t really clear. I’ve had them on both ways and it defies logic that they would stick up above the sides.... but I think that may be correct.
@thebigredrocker , what did you google? I googled bifold door fj40 and got a couple of those, but didn’t get the red one. That one is the clearest pic w the retainers.
It looks like a lot of people are without these retainer rods. If anyone wants any measurements or anything to fab some up, I’d be willing to share measurements/loan mine out.

Thanks

My search went something like this. Don’t recall which search turned up the red bifold.
FJ25 Bi Fold
FJ25 Bifold
FJ25 Corrugated
FJ25 Corrugated rear
FJ25 Corrugated latch
Also I substituted FJ40 in place of FJ25.

Sometimes I’ll put quotations around a less common keyword to distill the results. IOW, FJ40 “corrugated”, FJ40 “bifold” hook. Also sometimes mud only using google this way—>
FJ25 “bifold” site:https://forum.ih8mud .com

Has anyone tried to use a weatherstrip from a later top on the corrugated hardtop? When I try, everything looks good but over the bifold. It has a bad gap.

9B3F4B25-FAEF-475A-9CA8-DACCDE88664F.jpeg

The bifold doors had a thick D shaped seal on it. use the newer seal on all but over the doors.

Have a few of these tops and only one has the assembly to hold the hatch up. There is a U shaped hook on the hatch that the hole in the rod slips over.

I like the ones with the double windows.

Pretty sure in my pile of early hard top parts have one that been modified with the second window.. Once the 61 FHT sells sells will sell off all the remaining early hard top stuff. Ideally the quarter windows from a pickup would be a good match being the same height as the corrugated top side windows. Wish I would have had the foresight to buy a few sets of quarter windows in the mid nineties when there were around $20 apiece new from Toyota.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom