Best way to get ahold of Wits-End? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

CarcaineProblems

GOLD Star
Threads
@NLXTACY has a great site with a lot of products to choose from. Good stuff for the 80 community, but I am guessing he's wicked busy

I have some questions about an order I placed on 4/9. (4 items that I want to cancel what is on back order.) I've called, sent emails and DM's here, but no response. Any advice, or maybe he sees this here?

Thanks Guys

There are many threads on here about folks being unable to get a hold of him. Specifically if it involves canceling an order and trying to get a refund it seems he is more inclined to ignore those. The only way I was able to get him to respond to me after about a month of trying was to publicly post a negative comment on an instagram post. I tried posting something cordial first but he just deleted that comment without saying anything to me. If you are successful in getting him to cancel the order be sure to keep an eye on your bank statements. He is known to cancel orders without actually issuing the refund and then will try to blame it on your bank.

I did read one post like that, unfortunately. I understand that supply chain issues can be a bitch for any business, but especially for small businesses. I tried to call, email (many), DM on this site. Just tough.

HOWEVER

It doesn’t take more than 45 seconds to send an email. Just anything. Isn’t that difficult.

With no response I ended up sending an email cancellation. I didn’t want to but didn’t feel like I had a choice.

I guess I need to call my credit card company??

I did read one post like that, unfortunately. I understand that supply chain issues can be a bitch for any business, but especially for small businesses. I tried to call, email (many), DM on this site. Just tough.

HOWEVER

It doesn’t take more than 45 seconds to send an email. Just anything. Isn’t that difficult.

With no response I ended up sending an email cancellation. I didn’t want to but didn’t feel like I had a choice.

I’m surprised the Wits groupies haven’t jumped on this thread yet to defend him. Plenty of threads on buyer beware just look below your thread and more.

You’re only at week 3 without a response. I think the magical number might be 12 weeks or never. I guess I wasn’t patient enough and only gave this dude 5 weeks to respond to me and couldn't get one response back. File a charge back on your credit card to get your money back like I did.

HOWEVER

He's stated that customers who complain aren't customers he wants. Just call your credit card and be done.

Interesting.

I was very complimentary on what he’s doing. I like that he’s taking it upon himself to help with the lowly 80 crowd and was first just asking for advice (will the parts come or should we just cancel?) instead of demanding anything. I was very cordial.

I never understand when people say he’s helping the 80 crowd. I mean I know he makes really cool stuff and stocks a lot of had to get parts.
There Witt’s end stuff all over my Reg.
But it’s a Business for profit and its my guess that his business is about making a living first and helping the 80 Community Second. JMHO.

I hate to jump on the bandwagon here but I also ordered parts from Witt's End and received a partial order missing components.

I have tried e-mailing, messaging on 'mud, facebook and instagram

No response.

I hate to jump on the bandwagon here but I also ordered parts from Witt's End and received a partial order missing components.

No response.
Post a public comment on an instagram post. That is the only way I got him to respond. He in turn labeled me a whiner and a complainer but at least I got my refund.

No response.
From the few orders I've placed in which all items weren't fulfilled at the same time, he sends the partial order out because the other items aren't in stock and there may be a delay in getting them. There's nothing missing per se, just that that part of your order isn't fulfilled because he can't magically produce that item for you in the moment. Why or how that occurs could be anyone's guess and it's likely a source of frustration for both you and him.

With a little patience on my part (just waiting) I have always received full order fulfillment.

I knew my order was partially filled because I didn't receive everything I had ordered. His paperwork that he includes in the box with your stuff usually includes highlights of the stuff in the box and/or a note that something wasn't included (or will be set at a later date). You may be "missing" it but he likely isn't.

And then he keeps a box open in his shop with your name on it waiting for the remainder of your order to be available to ship.

Certain items, such as the quarter panel mount, bushing press tools, and anything else machined, etched, or otherwise produced by him and his subs (and not Toyota or others) can have lead times since, in the past, he has this stuff produced in batches to meet the rhythm of orders.

That's worked pretty well until he can't get some sort of needed material, has to change powder coat supplier, or something else related to the crazy world we live in occurs.

We are all so used to just ordering on Amazon and having our useless s*** on our door the next day that it's hard for some of us fanatics to consider that supply chains and logistics issues can grind doorstep deliveries to a quick halt.

Any time he has to take away from getting the s*** you ordered in the box with your name on it, even if you think it only takes 45 seconds (which it doesn't) removes him from the effort of getting your full order fulfilled.

Have patience my young capitalists or justifiably spend your money elsewhere.

When you reach God like status there’s no reason for customer service.
And anybody who says something is labeled a complainer.
With out Communication we have nothing.

That being said Joey makes kool stuff !!

Interesting. Sounds like either he omitted part of the order (it's a single "item" so it shouldn't have shipped without the Anderson plug and boots) or perhaps you are mistaken on what you ordered and possibly ordered the bare brackets?

I'd double check your order, and if it's the former case, just email him accordingly with the facts and ask to be made whole (return/refund or send out missing parts).

Maybe that's already what you did and he hasn't responded in weeks or months? I'm not here to defend that.

Seems pretty easy on paper but the world's a complicated place with complicated people.

I ordered the kits and they are called out on the packing list (as well as being charged in full for the kits). I have reached out via email / other means

and so we are here...
I’m there, too, buddy. You’re not alone. Can you dispute your purchase? Ridiculous that a leader in the cruiser community would do this.

Witts End held onto my money for months even though he publicly said they refunded me after cancelling my order. Finally someone contacted me (maybe a part time helper) and told me it was easier for them if I would just go through my credit card company to get my refund.

Don't even waste another day, call your credit card company now.

Interesting. Sounds like either he omitted part of the order (it's a single "item" so it shouldn't have shipped without the Anderson plug and boots) or perhaps you are mistaken on what you ordered and possibly ordered the bare brackets?

I'd double check your order, and if it's the former case, just email him accordingly with the facts and ask to be made whole (return/refund or send out missing parts).

Maybe that's already what you did and he hasn't responded in weeks or months? I'm not here to defend that.

Seems pretty easy on paper but the world's a complicated place with complicated people.
You should be his PR man🤣

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom