AVOID absolute-wits-end.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Les Summer

SILVER Star
Threads
Unfortunately I’ve been ignored for 2 business days plus over the weekend for a simple return request.
I ordered a $40 p/s reservoir hose for my 100LC, the one that is 3/8 and connects plastic p/s reservoir to aluminum pipe. Even with lubrication it was too tight to fit over my plastic reservoir outlet pipe all the way, so I decided to return it due to “wrong size”.
I got an initial email response, and offered to send pics, which I did, and then I heard nothing back to resolve the matter.
I described the hose as ever so slightly too small, and didn’t want to use it for fear of breaking my plastic reservoir. If this resolves I’ll update here, but even if it does, I probably won’t be doing business again with this site. The hose I was sent looked like it was lopped off of a roll from advanced auto. I’d of pardoned that if it’d of fit right on the reservoir outlet. I could have just spent $10 bucks there and called it s day, or got the whole assembly off RockAuto. Also, it’s never good when a website does not have a contact number IMO. Contact spoken to JOEY ROMERO. Looks like that name has appeared more than just here in the Buyer Beware section.

Last edited:
Sources tell me they're in the process of filing bankruptcy, though I've not confirmed this for myself.

Moved to the buyer's beware section, where you'll find numerous other similar threads.
Thank you trunk monkey I was looking for the right category, believe me, thank you for putting it where it belongs

Unfortunately I’ve been ignored for 2 business days plus over the weekend for a simple return request.
I ordered a $40 p/s reservoir hose for my 100LC, the one that is 3/8 and connects plastic p/s reservoir to aluminum pipe. Even with lubrication it was too tight to fit over my plastic reservoir outlet pipe all the way, so I decided to return it due to “wrong size”.
I got an initial email response, and offered to send pics, which I did, and then I heard nothing back to resolve the matter.
I described the hose as ever so slightly too small, and didn’t want to use it for fear of breaking my plastic reservoir. If this resolves I’ll update here, but even if it does, I probably won’t be doing business again with this site. The hose I was sent looked like it was lopped off of a roll from advanced auto. I’d of pardoned that if it’d of fit right on the reservoir outlet. I could have just spent $10 bucks there and called it s day, or got the whole assembly off RockAuto. Also, it’s never good when a website does not have a contact number IMO. Contact spoken to JOEY ROMERO. Looks like that name has appeared more than just here in the Buyer Beware section.
I too wish I looked here before placing an order with Wits end.......

Same here, now have to go to my credit card company to get a refund.
His email is not working anymore.
This thread may provide insight as to why his email is down. He’s currently undergoing bankruptcy due to not filling ordered.

Update: I received a refund and in hindsight it really didn’t take that long. I sent a request to cancel the order and I got a message saying it was refunded a couple days later. I think the problem is their lack of communication, you send money and you don’t know what’s going on with the order.
I can only speak of my attempt to do business with Wits End . I don’t know anything about the bankruptcy posts I read.

Update: I received a refund and in hindsight it really didn’t take that long. I sent a request to cancel the order and I got a message saying it was refunded a couple days later. I think the problem is their lack of communication, you send money and you don’t know what’s going on with the order.
I can only speak of my attempt to do business with Wits End . I don’t know anything about the bankruptcy posts I read.
Verify the money was actually refunded if you haven’t already. Many people have mentioned getting that message, but no funds were actually returned.

This is sad to hear. I bought his suspension bushing press kit and although it took awhile, no issues and communication was ok. He might be a one man band.

This is sad to hear. I bought his suspension bushing press kit and although it took awhile, no issues and communication was ok. He might be a one man band.
One man band or ten man band, it's makes no difference and does not excuse a complete and total disregard for his customers combined with blatant financial sodomy.
His Joeyness crapped the bed, couldn't fix it, so he ran away and hid from the customers he owed many thousands of dollars to.
This isn't how professionals, or even just random adults do business.
If you end up in a situation with your business you can't handle, whether it's financial, supplier or personal problems, you own it and deal with it like a grown up....
You don't hide from it.
It's an unfortunate turn of events.
I genuinely liked Joey and had really hoped he would have done the right thing.

It's over now... adios Wits End

Last edited:
No it isn't. None of the items on his site can be added to cart.
Supposedly, he left the site up for the archival information it provides his customers, though I have a sneaking suspicion that once he feels he can get away with it and enough time has passed, His Joeyness will arise from the depths like some mythical creature from a time forgotten to once again engage in the peddling of shiny trinkets to those as yet un-violated.
An almost turn key web site would sure make that easier...

Looks like nothing can be “added to cart” now, just “view details”. At least the parts numbers are still up.

And there it is....

IMG_7780.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom