Best Mods under $50... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Sounds like water wetter and slick 50.
I'm actually a big fan of Water Wetter. Up until last summer when my engine started running on the warm side on the hottest days (due for a flush and water pump I suspect) my engine would warm up noticeably quicker in the winter months and would hold temperature very well year round. Heat transfer into my heater cores on max results in almost unbearably high vent temperatures. Been using it for about 13 years now IIRC.

I suspect (just a layman's guess but makes sense to me) the improved heat transfer in the coolant passages closest to the exhaust valves aides in more quickly distributing heat throughout the cylinder head and the block, decreasing warmup time.

image.jpg

I added a grid-it organizer to the under side of my tuft console lid as a way to declutter and organize the small items. About $20 and mounts using the existing screws that hold the arm rest.

LS swap

Do you have a Friends and Family deal going on? Fly in and drive package? 😂

Obviously you’re not paying a shop for a $50 swap, but if you’re diligent shopping for donor vehicles, are diligent parting the donor vehicle out, and diligent with selling the original Cruiser parts off, it can be done nicely for a net 0 or extremely little $.

Dont you have a tahoe donor? :D

My LS swap has cost me $2700 so far, and no one is going to want the SBC coming out. Not if they're smart they won't.

I have always wanted to post in this thread... and I finally did something cheap on the truck!

Picked up these generic floor mats from a local Carquest/Advance Auto Parts for $12.10 including tax (Advance Auto Parts - Down for Maintenance - https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/autocraft-car-suv-floor-mat-black-rubber-all-season-trim-to-fit-4-piece-acfs4585/12092749-P?searchTerm=floor+mats). They aren't terribly nice or special - they don't have nice pockets to capture water, they don't feel particularly nice or thick, and they are clearly generic. The driver's side one fits well; I do wish the front passenger one would be bigger; the rear passenger one bumps into my (disconnected) rear heater, could be easily trimmed. But they have been protecting my nice new carpets nicely for the last week from the PNW drizzle, mud, and leaves. Can't complain for the price, I'll keep on using them until they presumably break.

IMG_1310.jpeg
IMG_1308.jpeg

IMG_1309.jpeg

After loosing 2 gas caps I decided to install the "chain attached to the gas cap & gas door" mod.
gas cap.jpg

After loosing 2 gas caps I decided to install the "chain attached to the gas cap & gas door" mod.View attachment 2933996
Wish I would've thought of that when I had the oldskool vented gas cap. The Toyota UFO cap doesn't have any provision to mount a chain or ring to it!

Wish I would've thought of that when I had the oldskool vented gas cap. The Toyota UFO cap doesn't have any provision to mount a chain or ring to it!
It looks like he drilled holes into the cap and the bodywork to accept the keychain rings. This is genius and now on my to-do list. 😁

That's exactly like the one I got from Beno. Nice. And it snaps right on. We'll see how long it lasts with the Carolina sun baking it in the engin e bay. ;)
Exactly 4.5 years. Mine is cracked and brittle now.

2838C58D-57D5-4743-9A76-095ADA41D30E.jpeg
I added cargo hooks to my 60 that didn’t come with factory hooks. The holes were already there under the carpet under tape and sound deadening. A few nurtserts or nuts and bolts are all you need. All told this was about $10 in parts.

Remove the useless hood hold-open springs and replace with lift struts, like on your rear window hatch. There is a thread for this somewhere on this forum. Super easy, cheap, and very satisfying...

Just pay attention to what pressure gas strut you order or you risk launching cats off the hood.

Unless you like the cat or your hood. The hoods don't have up travel bump stops

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom