Best Mods under $50... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

That was my point ;)

This may have been said before but I found on my 62 that the sheet metal hole behind the brake pedal is the perfect size for a panel mount socket. Haven't wired it but could be an easy way to add extra accessories and hide the wires.

IMG_0668.JPG

@Swampcruiser45 OME "heavy" with shackles for abot 2.5"-3" of lift with BFG 33/10.5. I have the same set up on my current 60.
IMG_5381.JPG

Last edited:
Now that Radio Shack is dead, does anyone have a source for the headlight buzzer?

Now that Radio Shack is dead, does anyone have a source for the headlight buzzer?
Ebay or Amazon is your best bet. At least that is where I found mine. I never installed due to the fact that I have a floating ground somewhere that is causing it to continue to buzz when the vehicle is running (ever so faintly).

Ebay or Amazon is your best bet. At least that is where I found mine. I never installed due to the fact that I have a floating ground somewhere that is causing it to continue to buzz when the vehicle is running (ever so faintly).

i had that same problem so pulled it out

it drove me nuts

anyone have ideas why or how to fix this? i'd still like a buzzer if it'll be quiet when it's supposed to

What size tires are you running? And do you have a lift? I like the set up. Gives me some ideas for my 60

Cooper STT 11.50/32-15 on Procomp steel rims.
OME 3" Medium inc anti--reverse shackles.
Good balance of performance and practicality with no need to be cutting up the body.

i had that same problem so pulled it out

it drove me nuts

anyone have ideas why or how to fix this? i'd still like a buzzer if it'll be quiet when it's supposed to
Basically you got to go through your electrical system and find the bad ground.

I did the horn spring pin which Toyota calls a "plate" and the Hella Supertone horns P/N 003399801 for under $50. Followed the Mud DIY guide and only lost one circlip :). I found the factory mount locations adequate with a little bending of the Hella brackets, and the stock 60 female terminal fit the new horn terminals once depinned from the stock connector. Make sure if you do this you heat shrink or tape the exposed parts of the terminals to prevent a short to the body since the clearance is tight.

I moved the diff breathers to the inside of the engine bay. I had some hose in my parts box and I bought $15 of vacuum line. I used the original spring loaded caps from the stock breathers.

Diff breathers in engine bay.png

Diff breathers in enging bay close up with text.png

breather hoses relocated - looks much cleaner

breathers line relocated.JPG

"Installed" a emblem mod.

fj60withoverlander.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom