Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Thanks for doing that @BenCC , much appreciated. @Ayune That looks like it works a treat. I have pulled my switch part out and realised that we would also need to exchange the circuit board cover to ensure that M2V2 (left or right version) will fit. It is easy to remove (4 screws), no problems just a little larger parcel and some better packaging. If you still want to go ahead let me know.

View attachment 2349599
Cool. I’ll remove mine tomorrow and see what y’all are talking about. Sounds like it’ll work well.

Cool. I’ll remove mine tomorrow and see what y’all are talking about. Sounds like it’ll work well.
1592976774490.png

I apologize if this has already been covered - I haven’t read the entire 64 page thread ;)

Do you know if the overhead console mounts that replace the sunglasses holder will fit a GX470? Specifically the M1, M4, M5.

I can get dimensions if that helps
F9530E02-8C0B-41D2-882E-B5494D747E14.jpeg

I just finished reading every page of this thread. Nothing excites me more than the new front cup holder. I spill a little coffee almost every time I drive my LC100. This new design will be amazing. Thank you @BenCC for making all of this awesome stuff. Where does the line form for the cup holders? (count me in).

Last edited:
I'm in as well for a cup holder.

That turned out great Ben! Thanks again. For any of us with aftermarket bluetooth radios, this should provide a very slick microphone solution. Even if your switch panel is located somewhere else, this would be very useful. The aftermarket solution of "stick it on the dash/steering column with double-sided tape" just wasn't doing it for me any longer.

How did this work for you? Trying to figure out exactly how i want to set everything up with all the options BenCC provides, and I like this one.

I apologize if this has already been covered - I haven’t read the entire 64 page thread ;)

Do you know if the overhead console mounts that replace the sunglasses holder will fit a GX470? Specifically the M1, M4, M5.

I can get dimensions if that helps
View attachment 2351323
As always, mail me your overhead console haha
I don’t think they will fit GX470. This is from my experiment with Toyota trucks. There are 5 different types of overhead console on Tacoma of same generation.
Mailing me your console is the best way.

I just finished reading every page of this thread. Nothing excites me more than the new front cup holder. I spill a little coffee almost every time I drive my LC100. This new design will be amazing. Thank you @BenCC for making all of this awesome stuff. Where does the line form for the cup holders? (count me in).
I didn’t realize we have 64 pages!

With multiple design revisions and prototypes, I still don’t like it. I like all my previously released makes. I have to personally like it and have it on my truck before the formal release.

With multiple design revisions and prototypes, I still don’t like it. I like all my previously released makes. I have to personally like it and have it on my truck before the formal release.
That is what you call a "labor of love"!!

M2 V2 LEFT: RAM Ball Mount for the Lower Left Center Console Panel (Incomplete)

@suprarx7nut Please take pictures once you make the M2V2LEFT.

1. Overview of the Final Product

1593142106144.png

1592909045404.png

1592909073646.png

2 Introduction

M2V2LEFT is a variation of M2V2. It mounts the RAM Ball on the lower left corner.

All stainless steel fasteners necessary for installation will be provided.

3 Fabrication

The face plate is printed using chopped carbon-fiber nylon. It has a matte black surface finish. No painting/sanding/prepping is needed.

The backing bracket is printed with ABS.

4 Purchase List to Complete the Installation

RAM Diamond Ball Base:
5 Purchase

$100 plus shipping.

Last edited:
Got these Toyota butterflies and inserts in today.

The two inserts are almost identical. 66991-35030 is only 2 mm deeper than 55616-35010.
The two butterflies differ in the slots. I think I can modify the key on cuphoder to accept both types.

Plan is still use the butterfly. But I will try to see if the rubber inserts can still be used somehow.

1593143758351.png

Last edited:
Make 30: Keystone Device Mount in Rocker-switch Format

1593157476243.png

1593157208773.png

1593157242170.png

2 Introduction

M30 mounts a keystone device (RJ45 or RJ12) taking the space of one rocker switch. This is mainly for radio operators. @geanes

3 Purchase

The keystone device is included (RJ12 or RJ45).

$20 + Shipping (USPS Priority). PM for direct Paypal payment.

Last edited:
Make 2 V3: Magnetic Mic Mount

1593233356011.png

1593232029919.png

2 Description

M2V3 mounts a Magnetic Mic which is designed to securely hold the radio microphone in place. Similarly to M2V2, M2V2 has a backing bracket to increase the structural rigidity. All fasteners are stainless steel and included. Magnetic Mic is not included.

The magnet is ridiculously strong. It definitely can hold something heavier than a radio microphone.

1593231605068.png

3 Purchase

$69 + Shipping (USPS Priority). PM for direct Paypal payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom