Builds Benjamin’s 3D Prints Build (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

f*** me sideway! Wow!

Perhaps 2 ram mounts for 2 cup holders? Tbh I don't really think there is much need for snitches in the back but coffees and water bottles foe the kids. Yes fast charger and inverter outlet is excellent!
lol

Yes we can put two RAM mounts there or a two-cup holder on a single RAM mount.
I may need to mount two switches there for aftermarket seat heating pad.

Update on the drawer delete/replacement.

I never use the factory drawer/cupholder. The reason is that it is too shallow to hold a drink. When the drawer is retracted, there is almost no space in there for storage. After removing the drawer, I see some space behind there for a small power inverter. Plan is (1) make a versatile face plate that could be configured based on individual need, (2) mount a small (150W-200W) power inverter behind the face plate.

The cupholder design is not completed. I put the prototype to illustrate that the cup holding function can be retained.

Comments please.

View attachment 2335255

View attachment 2335256
A more robust and modularized design.

The blue bracket is fixed directly to the sheet metal behind the plastic factory panel. This gives a solid foundation for the RAM ball to hold one or two drinks. For comparison, M7V1 and M7V2, attached to the plastic panel, are only for mounting lightweight 12V or 120V outlets.

The faceplate can be configured based on individual need. The configuration is on the CAD level. The faceplate is still a solid single printed part.

More testing is needed.

1591904991700.png

1591907460938.png

Last edited:
Update on the cupholder.

This is a very primitive prototype to test the fittings with the center console panel.

Some design goals:
(1) No foldable cover (space taken by the cover and its mechanism is released for larger and deeper cupholders)
(2) Match factory panel contour
(3) maybe a modular design for placing cellphone, wallet, etc

1591912431874.png

1591912865412.png

Working on something to replace the whole cuoholder. The original one is just too shallow.

View attachment 2333949

Update on the cupholder.

This is a very primitive prototype to test the fittings with the center console panel.

Some design goals:
(1) No foldable cover (space taken by the cover and its mechanism is released for larger and deeper cupholders)

View attachment 2336955

View attachment 2336960
so much damn want

Update on the cupholder.

Some design goals:

View attachment 2336955

View attachment 2336960
@BenCC When I do the walk around on my truck for my youtube channel do you mind if I call you out for some advertising? Your stuff is just so damn good. I believe I have 4 of your products in my cruiser.

@BenCC When I do the walk around on my truck for my youtube channel do you mind if I call you out for some advertising? Your stuff is just so damn good. I believe I have 4 of your products in my cruiser.
I would be appreciated! Thanks!

I like the idea of having a modular design for the dual center cup holder. I very often throw my phone and/or wife's in there while driving.

Update on the cupholder.

Some design goals:

View attachment 2336955

View attachment 2336960
Can’t wait for these to be ready for sale!! Nice work.

Perhaps another design idea, inserts for different size cups. While I love the large size for my hydro flask, that big makes a 20oz coffee slop around. But a removable insert to nest in the cup holder for those times when smaller holders are needed would be pretty sweet!

Love the direction on the double cupholder replacement.
One suggestion, I really enjoy the BH3D cupholders in my 80, they fit a Nalgene as this will, and they have an insert for smaller cups/cans that make them nice. You might think about a similar insert? (Unless there's a fancier method you already have in mind to contain smaller items)

A more robust and modularized design.

The blue bracket is fixed directly to the sheet metal behind the plastic factory panel. This gives a solid foundation for the RAM ball to hold one or two drinks. For comparison, M7V1 and M7V2, attached to the plastic panel, are only for mounting lightweight 12V or 120V outlets.

The faceplate can be configured based on individual need. The configuration is on the CAD level. The faceplate is still a solid single printed part.

More testing is needed.

View attachment 2336769

View attachment 2336832
Will be after one of these. Do you ship to Australia?

Can’t wait for these to be ready for sale!! Nice work.

Perhaps another design idea, inserts for different size cups. While I love the large size for my hydro flask, that big makes a 20oz coffee slop around. But a removable insert to nest in the cup holder for those times when smaller holders are needed would be pretty sweet!
Based on the measurement, this should fit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom