For Sale BAT has another pig (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

“This 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser is said to have been stored by its original owner for 30 years before being refurbished by its second owner between 2017-2018”

They are leading you to believe this was stored inside waiting to be restored. I read it like something mechanic failed that prevented it from being driven and instead of fixing it the owner parked it a field before the second owner found it to clean up and flip.

“The seller notes that rust-through in the left front fender was treated with inhibitor and undercoating, but not cut out.”

I appreciate their honesty but this doesn’t instill confidence what’s under all that hideous green paint.

It’s a cool story and they are cool photos but they don’t match, this pig has a lot of mismatched parts that would indicate someone did a quick fluff and buff to flip on BAT for more than what they would get trying to sell it to this bunch of pig experts. I wish the seller luck but I wouldn’t pay more than its current 20K price without doing a physical inspection. For me unless it has original paint and any and all imperfections are out in the open for all to see or a known auto restorer did the restoration with documented photos I’m out at the prices they get on BAT.

I'm pretty sure we seen this one before. Green similar to mine , but they painted the whole front " valance "? green under the grill.

Look into that IG parts dealer NG found over near you in Oman or whatever. Maybe that guy has some.

My second order from him is on the way but it's all for the Troopy.

How bout some door and window gaskets why you at it 🤔😏
I am checking on those one at a time. He had door gaskets but only for one side. Checking on quarter window gaskets. He might have those.

Option?? Or Cali spec??? Californication 😏😉🤔🤣
They list both but I assume they are similar. Doesn't look like an option; you got one or the other but I don't know the difference.

“This 1976 Toyota Land Cruiser is said to have been stored by its original owner for 30 years before being refurbished by its second owner between 2017-2018”

They are leading you to believe this was stored inside waiting to be restored. I read it like something mechanic failed that prevented it from being driven and instead of fixing it the owner parked it a field before the second owner found it to clean up and flip.

“The seller notes that rust-through in the left front fender was treated with inhibitor and undercoating, but not cut out.”

I appreciate their honesty but this doesn’t instill confidence what’s under all that hideous green paint.

It’s a cool story and they are cool photos but they don’t match, this pig has a lot of mismatched parts that would indicate someone did a quick fluff and buff to flip on BAT for more than what they would get trying to sell it to this bunch of pig experts. I wish the seller luck but I wouldn’t pay more than its current 20K price without doing a physical inspection. For me unless it has original paint and any and all imperfections are out in the open for all to see or a known auto restorer did the restoration with documented photos I’m out at the prices they get on BAT.
Plus it's GGRRREEEEENN 🤢😳😉🤔🤪

Plus it's GGRRREEEEENN 🤢😳😉🤔🤪
It is a nice looker, but ... gotta line up w JMack w some questions about the 30 yr storage questions.
Has a really nice 'uncooked' dash pad and floor mats.. But..
Isn't that a 40 front bumper? (who swaps an original 55 out for a 40.....and I need the original 55.... grins)
I don't think that style valve cover fits a 76 2F.? I think the studs and valve clearance don't allow that cover on a 2F ...Replacement engine? I think it's earlier isnt it?
The front fenders LC logo is not the 76 style..
And I'm curious about the 'canteen' charcoal canister in the engine bay corner..
It's a nice looking truck...and IMHO everything can be brought back....but the story does not quite match...
and anything can be fixed.... looks solid...

Dang, price has jumped some since last time I checked. Definitely have some questions there but still looks nice. I intended on spending my $5000 and make the SOW even better!

It is a nice looker, but ... gotta line up w JMack w some questions about the 30 yr storage questions.
Has a really nice 'uncooked' dash pad and floor mats.. But..
Isn't that a 40 front bumper? (who swaps an original 55 out for a 40.....and I need the original 55.... grins)
I don't think that style valve cover fits a 76 2F.? I think the studs and valve clearance don't allow that cover on a 2F ...Replacement engine? I think it's earlier isnt it?
The front fenders LC logo is not the 76 style..
And I'm curious about the 'canteen' charcoal canister in the engine bay corner..
It's a nice looking truck...and IMHO everything can be brought back....but the story does not quite match...
and anything can be fixed.... looks solid...

I didn't know this Pig was hiding in Alabama. Took a closer look at the engine and I think it is a 2F but with a swapped on F valve cover (why?). The PCV is toward the rear on the side cover which is 2F placement, F would be toward the front of the engine (I'm going by what I've seen on a '73 F). For the amount of $$ this was expected to command why not change out those greasy red hoses? F or 2F a number of little things that don't add up.

I didn't know this Pig was hiding in Alabama. Took a closer look at the engine and I think it is a 2F but with a swapped on F valve cover (why?). The PCV is toward the rear on the side cover which is 2F placement, F would be toward the front of the engine (I'm going by what I've seen on a '73 F). For the amount of $$ this was expected to command why not change out those greasy red hoses? F or 2F a number of little things that don't add up.
Question for the interior SME's on the BaT 48K + pig.
Isn't that an earlier model front seat (back rest anyway)..?

Here's my 1974 (so F.5, red plug wires, black PCV hose) .vs the "2F" in that BaT 1976.

1624917249275.png
1624917332617.png

Look into that IG parts dealer NG found over near you in Oman or whatever. Maybe that guy has some.
Forgot that I did check and he didn't have either part number. He did have something similar but it was a two light deal with a different part number: 81850-60060. Right date range, 69 to 80, but appears to have only been on 4x models.

both 76s i parted out had these, might still have one, if you got a hankering for it
I would be interested if it was plug 'n play. Unfortunately I'm more than a few miles from my pig and can't look.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom