Barn Hamom/Fall Crawl November 13 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

alk747triodad

SILVER Star
Threads
Hi all!

My BIL John asked if I can get us help burning the wood materials in the back barn. We usually have a large fire out by the entrance to that barn so we are not hauling wood far. There is a lot of old wood that just needs to go. We would like to make room where I can put my pontoon under cover for the winter and also John has mentioned that we can use the new space for working on vehicles. He will let us use the barn all weekend for those that want to ride the URE trails. The first couple weeks of November is when the leaves are peaking so the forest should be beautiful. If enough people show up, we can just rotate some folks burning $hit while others can be riding trails.

Anyone that would want to camp Friday night is welcome. I will furnish some food for lunch or dinner but I do need to know who wants to come. I will start a list here so is anyone available that weekend?

Kenny
Lydia
John W
SeanLX - still trying
jamesurq - probable
neslrac - available
forest5000- available
roadstr6 -definite maybe
Cirbo - definite maybe
SFROMAN & SONS - depending on fixing his junk
fourtrac - planning on it
lumbee - want to be there

Last edited:
Damn, have that weekend booked up.

EDIT: I can swing November 6th if the 13th doesn't pan out.

Last edited:
Still trying to see if I can make it but.....

Any thoughts on having a workday at the barn on Dec. 3rd, the day before the Christmas Party?
It's a few weeks later but maybe we could get a good turnout to either finish what doesn't get done or take care of it all. Either way if there are some things left over to take care of on that Friday please post up and we can come prepared.

Sean, depending on weather, we might have to postpone and move the date. We don’t want to do this in the rain. We really don’t need many to help and we wanted to get it done before our Christmas party so it wouldn’t interfere with camping near that barn. I’m looking at it more as a good weekend to be in the woods and ride trails too. I figured there are some like me that need some barn therapy.

JC, I wanted to do this on the 6th but John had plans that weekend. Thank you for offering to help.

I am available to help that weekend. Question, wouldn't it be better to just cut the wood up and use it during the xmas party?

Kurt, I stopped and talked to John about your idea of cutting for firewood and glad I did. Instead of burning everything, we will only be burning the rotten, bug eaten wood and shifting things around to open up maybe half the barn. He also said that he will be giving things away, if anyone is interested. I took these couple pictures yesterday and he said he would give this stack of platforms, if anyone is interested. It was used as a stage somewhere in Albemarle. Also, over leaning against the wall is a backyard fence that was in my other BIL's yard that is free to the first one to come get. I know he wants to keep some of the good 1x4s, 1x6s and the large beams. I really don't know everything he wants to get rid of or keep but he has some neat stuff in both sides of that barn. That is the new plan.

A5E8A2FC-F1E9-4634-BD82-F9A6AEF5C864.jpeg
25854F8C-9064-46BF-A0B2-5831311D41FB.jpeg

Last edited:
I should be available, I'll let you know.

Kenny, was holding off answering because I had a feeling I would brake my junk at fall crawl which I did.
But, if I can fix my junk before then, I will come out to help and bring my two sons to help as well.

i am planning on being there.

I want to be there because I'm tired of 60 hour work weeks sitting in front of a computer.

First post updated with possible attendees.

Anyone else that would like to come is welcome. The leaves are absolutely beautiful right now and the weather is looking perfect for Saturday. Lydia and I are talking about camping Saturday night; if anyone else is game.

Lydia is going to make a batch of brunswick stew for lunch and I will have a cooler of drinks.

We are planning on getting started around 10:00 and plug along until we decide to stop. If anyone wants to arrive Friday night, I will leave the gate dummy locked.
If anyone wants to come and camp the weekend and not work on the barn, you are also welcome.

Thanks all that plan on coming

Planning on being there.

Kenny,

Not looking good for me. Although we knocked out a lot of the repairs on my truck I am still waiting on parts from cruiser outfitters so I still have some work to do but if I hurry I might still come out to help. Even if it is for a few hours.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom