For Sale AZ 1964 FJ45 SWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

any constructive criticism?

still looking to move this.......................................

no go on the BaT auction? I tried listing a bro co thru them a few weeks back and we couldn't come to terms on a reserve so it went to CL and was gone in 4 days. wish it would have went on BaT for the chance at more and what I felt it could bring but they want low reserve so that they get money no matter what. Not a fan as a seller but it don't mind as a buyer on certain rigs.

Personally, I just don’t see your buyer as someone browsing the FJ45 Classifieds Corner on Mud. I would go with BaT regardless of what reserve they want to give you.
i was schooled, by an auto broker, how auto broker's browse websites specific to clients needs looking for potential purchases. seemingly the only discernable difference i saw between Mud and BAT was the amount of views and a timeline to which I would sweat out the ridiculous reserve that BAT wishes me to enter.

i could be completely wrong with my intuition, perhaps naïve/ overly optimistic. it has happened to me before, so i won't be shocked if i've erred again

thank you for the honest opinion, part of me freely agrees with your stance

i was schooled, by an auto broker, how auto broker's browse websites specific to clients needs looking for potential purchases. seemingly the only discernable difference i saw between Mud and BAT was the amount of views and a timeline to which I would sweat out the ridiculous reserve that BAT wishes me to enter.

i could be completely wrong with my intuition, perhaps naïve/ overly optimistic. it has happened to me before, so i won't be shocked if i've erred again

List in the in Classified Section for more MUD eyes:

BJ42 | FJ43 | BJ44 | FJ45 | FJ45LV | HJ47 - https://forum.ih8mud.com/forums/bj42-fj43-bj44-fj45-fj45lv-hj47.327/

Also I would suggest Facebook Marketplace

Ebay Motors and Cars/bids as well.. there are local guys here who have spent similar money on complete junk sight unseen. I also think you are way underselling this

As an example, a user had a ‘78 FJ40 listed on mud for months for ~$45k. Got grief from the peanut gallery regarding poor photos and high asking price. Was recommended to OP to take his sale to BAT if the truck was indeed worthy of the asking price. He did, and the auction closed at $70k. This is within the last month or two. The flipside to this is the lily white FJ45 survivor that another mud member listed on BAT with no reserve. It was stolen for $26.5k (IMO). There is no rhyme or reason to the final number on BAT, but my guess is youll get more money for it there than here. Its a beautiful truck.

How it started:

How it ended:

How it started with a $45k ask if I recall correctly:

How it ended:

Last edited:
Ebay Motors and Cars/bids as well.. there are local guys here who have spent similar money on complete junk sight unseen. I also think you are way underselling this
x2 - nice thing about eBay is you do get a lot of eyes on it, price it a little higher with "make offer" and see if you can get some interest. I can understand being scared away by BaT and their reserve prices. Have seen some cruisers go for WAY too cheap on there. Its mostly a sports car market on that site I think. And if after a month or two on eBay it hasn't gotten some interest, maybe then consider BaT I guess.

Very truthfully had we not moved and I had space to store this one it would be in my garage by now, this is the nicest 45 I think I've ever seen. I'm sure it drives wonderfully too. Even as I type this my mind is saying "there's gotta be a way..." 😂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom