Aux gas tank from Marks Off Road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Mike, is it the same tank made by NW Metal Products? If so, yes, but I'm running it as a primary.

I installed an aux tank in my 71 a couple years ago that I got on a package deal and was told it came from Marks. It was a piece of cake to install. The only thing that I did was put in an access panel to be able to get to the sending unit and connections without having to drop the tank. I think the unit is great. I'm using it as my primary tank presently.

If it's the steel tank from NWMP it bolts to the rear cross member, and to the frame cross member between the wheels. Actually, the skid plate bolts up and the tanks rides on top of the skid.

The tank is from Downey and it was supplied without any instrutions and FU'ed top plate. Mark making it right .

What kind of fuel pump should I use and how do I plumb the fuel lines?

So I ended up dropping a stock sending unit into the aux tank.

With the switch listed (and shown in the pic) it both switches fuel linesat the valve and also allows the stock fuel gauge to read the correct/corresponding tank.

One more note.

No need for another fuel pump unless the aux tank will be used as a holding or transfer tank.

Also the diagram in the other thread came with the switching valve.

Hope this helps.

Thanks but this is an auxiliary tank to be used to agument the main tank. So I think I will need a fuel pump and fill the main tank from the aux tank.

Mike, I'm thinking the easiest thing to do is just PM me your mailing address and I will send the installation instructions sheet. I can't e-mail it to you, the file is too large for most computors. These instructions show how to plumb conventionally (one tank or the other), or quasi-smog legally where rear fuel is suctioned into the front tank (very undesirable).

Mike, I'm thinking the easiest thing to do is just PM me your mailing address and I will send the installation instructions sheet. I can't e-mail it to you, the file is too large for most computors. These instructions show how to plumb conventionally (one tank or the other), or quasi-smog legally where rear fuel is suctioned into the front tank (very undesirable).

Most email providers such as yahoo and google allow 10MB attachments. I highly doubt your instruction sheet is that large. Perhaps this will be the year you put your paper instruction manuals into PDF format and offer them for free on the Web and save yourself some postage? You do know they just raised the postage rates again?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom