AutoHome Columbus RTT (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah, foreign build. All joking aside, this thread was one of the few reviews of the variant I could find. It definitely helped in my decision.

Nolan, did you add a "rack" to your RTT? How was that install? I am looking at adding a solar panel to the top of my Columbus, I like the fact that I could add a light load up there like Maxtraxx and or a duffle every now and then.

Nolan, did you add a "rack" to your RTT? How was that install? I am looking at adding a solar panel to the top of my Columbus, I like the fact that I could add a light load up there like Maxtraxx and or a duffle every now and then.
AutoHome sells them. I’m pretty sure I remember mine had little plugs I popped out to install them.

668FE430-58A2-4AE7-95DB-BB755F4A2AC9.jpeg

9AF6F2DF-255B-4A09-BFAD-22B146A18124.jpeg

I had a Columbus medium for over 15 years. Used it for years on my 2000 Taco mounted to a heavy duty Raven topper. Then on a third gen T4R. We’ll over 100 K miles in all. Mostly PNW and SW, but also up into BC and AB. Over the years the fiberglass “spidered” a bit but never let me down. We finally got too old to climb up and down the ladder in the middle of the night so I sold it. I should have kept it for solo trips. Super fast set up and take down. I highly recommend them. Wish they had the XL version when I got mine.

The next morning I moved the Columbus over to the FJ60 by parking next to it and then sliding it over.

This was the first sad moment.

The old school aluminum ARB rack looks superb but it does not work with RTTs well due to the sidebars. The tent sits way too high.

I’ll be moving his rack to the Pig and getting a front runner for the 60

The main reason I got the tent was for the 60. It really really does well under its own power with the new 2F and AFI injection but the trailer will be asking a lot. If I need more space I am in the 100

View attachment 1585456 View attachment 1585457 View attachment 1585458 View attachment 1585459
Funny, I’ve never noticed the snorkels in your posts. Did you snorkel the whale? (If I have confused you with another LC expert fr Mississippi, I apologize to you and that other guy).

Funny, I’ve never noticed the snorkels in your posts. Did you snorkel the whale? (If I have confused you with another LC expert fr Mississippi, I apologize to you and that other guy).

Ha…that’s me. No. Not gonna snorkel the 200.

Curious, if anyone had to replace their basket net thing inside their RTT? My Variant is quite old and the net is sagging so I'd like to replace it but AutoHome isn't able to help me. Now that there are competitions, figured one of the other guy's net will fit in the same space using the same mounting solution.

Thanks.

Curious, if anyone had to replace their basket net thing inside their RTT? My Variant is quite old and the net is sagging so I'd like to replace it but AutoHome isn't able to help me. Now that there are competitions, figured one of the other guy's net will fit in the same space using the same mounting solution.

Thanks.
I’m interested in replacement parts as well. Can’t find the metal poles to use with rain fly (seller didn’t have). Auto home not a lot of help replacing them. What has everyone used?

I haven't been able to replace the internal basket/net thing as of yet. :bang:

I haven't been able to replace the internal basket/net thing as of yet. :bang:
I wonder if one of the cargo nets used on roof racks would work. I use one of those as an attic in the 4R.

Finally got mine all mounted up... nice fit on the 100.

69865a8d-1576-44c4-851d-4ea5ecc875cd-jpeg.2814031

I just picked up one of these used for a great deal. Pretty excited about it. @wngrog Can you elaborate on how you mounted the racks on yours? I need to make a way to carry my maxtrax now.

I just picked up one of these used for a great deal. Pretty excited about it. @wngrog Can you elaborate on how you mounted the racks on yours? I need to make a way to carry my maxtrax now.
Autohome US sells some small gutters. The holes are already in the form. You just have to drill them through. Then you add some low profile and light gutter style crossbars

Thanks. I'll check their website.

Here's a picture, cause pictures are fun. This hopefully will spend more time on my 40 than the 100 but I need to do some work on a roof rack for the 40 first.
20230208_085119.jpg

y'all have some pretty Columbus RTTS vs mine which is a decade old and looks it :bang:

Mine is also a decade old and not in perfect shape, but still very usable and I'm excited to have bought for less than a 1/3 of new.

Mine is also a decade old and not in perfect shape, but still very usable and I'm excited to have bought for less than a 1/3 of new.
Same here 👍🏼. I was hoping to make it paint match the 80 but not quite sure which way to go about it. I guess I could bed line it or i'll find a matching color gel coat. One sounds way more expensive than the other 😡

y'all have some pretty Columbus RTTS vs mine which is a decade old and looks it :bang:
I took a detail buffer and some Meguires one stage boat oxidizer and polish compound to it, and it went from chalky white to glassy white... I was pretty impressed. Mine is older than 10 years old and a new matress and some maintenance and it is still a super solid sleeping system.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom