August Hurricane Creek Trip - August 25-27, 2017 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GLTHFJ60

Rum Runnin'
SILVER Star
Threads
The Trip North
(for real this time)
ONSC's third official scheduled trip to Hurricane Creek for 2017 and the surrounding areas in NC and TN will be August 25th - 27th.

This is an Expo style trip in which self-reliance is the subject: Limited/no bathrooms, no gas stops, no showers, no guaranteed camping sites as we will be miles from paved roads. You can expect miles of US Forestry Service roads, short mountain hikes, scenic views, refreshing mountain streams, cool nights spent around a campfire and maybe a bear or two. Expectations are that any Toyota with 4WD will do fine on the terrain we'll be covering. (Read here: You don't need lockers, a lift, mud tires, etc.)

As far as equipment, gear, etc., those attending will coordinate so we don't have more than 2 of most things (campstoves, etc) and yet ensure we have firewood, tarps, rope, saws, shovels, potable water, etc. At a minimum, an attendee would need a lightweight sleeping bag, tent, cooler and $ to put towards group meals.

Details will be ironed out in the near future but plans will include the ever-popular group meals. Click HERE to see the thread and photos from two years ago and HERE for last year's trip.

The trip will be limited to 10 paid ONSC member trucks. We require that attendees have an active ONSC membership before signing up to give our contributing club members a fair shot, given the fact that these trips are extremely popular and that they are official events. PM me with any questions or clarifications needed.

We'll meet at 10:30am at the Sierra Nevada brewery in Asheville for lunch Friday August 25th. After lunch, we'll head down the road to HC and make our way up to either Round Mountain Campground or Wolf Creek Falls. We're going to be heading out earlier than in years past so that we can set up camp with more than 30 min of sunlight to spare.

Saturday and Sunday we will have camp broken down and on the road by 9:30am. This means tents will be packed back into their trucks by 9:30, not start packing up at 9:30am.

Trails aren't too hard, but there can be washouts. Despite that fact, we've never had an issue getting stock trucks up through the trail system and in reality, most of the "offroading" will be on gravel roads.

Sign-ups, GO!

1. James Urquhart - @jamesurq
2. Alex Eyssen - @fj40alex
3. Jonathan Jones - @lumbee1
4. John Reeves - @jrmudder84
5. Rafael Osuna - @Roxx

Wait list:
Andrew Hadjipatru - @AndrewHadji

Last edited:
I'm in for this one!

Sign me up please.

Saturday and Sunday we will have camp broken down and on the road by 9:30am. This means tents will be packed back into their trucks by 9:30, not start packing up at 9:30am.

I was planning on signing up for July but want to make sure I get to HC before stupid people get it shut down.

Please put me on the list.

I'd like to go , but since I just went this months trip , put me on wait list . To give those that have not gone , a chance first .

Last edited:
Sign me up please. Just an FYI my membership was just renewed about 5 min ago so we should be good.

Just checked my schedule. I am good to go.

Please just list my first name in the thread....I like to stay internet unsearchable. ;)

Just checked my schedule. I am good to go.

Please just list my first name in the thread....I like to stay internet unsearchable. ;)

I don't understand. Are you signing up for the trip?

I don't understand. Are you signing up for the trip?
Yes - and I think he's asking you to only use his first name for privacy. I'd do the same - but my user name pretty much makes it moot. :)

I'm out.

With the wedding this year, there's no way i can take more time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom