June Hurricane Creek Trip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

GarnerFJ40

2020-2022 ONSC President
Threads
The club’s first scheduled trip for 2015 to Hurricane Creek and the surrounding areas in NC and TN will be June 26th - 28th . David Miller will be leading a trip July 24th – 26th. (Yes I copied his post!)

This is an Expo style trip in which self-reliance is the subject: No bathrooms, no gas stops, no showers, no guaranteed camping sites as we will be miles from paved roads. You can expect miles of US Forestry Service roads, short mountain hikes (to the top of Max Patch and hopefully Buzzard's Roost this year), scenic views, refreshing mountain streams, cool nights spent around a campfire and maybe a bear or two. Expectations are that any Toyota with 4WD will do fine on the terrain we'll be covering. (Read here: You don't need lockers, a lift, mud tires, etc.)

As far as equipment, gear, etc., those attending will coordinate so we don't have more than 2 of most things (campstoves, etc) and yet ensure we have firewood, tarps, rope, saws, shovels, potable water, etc. At a minimum, an attendee would need a lightweight sleeping bag, tent, cooler and $ to put towards group meals.

Details will be ironed out in the near future but plans will include the ever-popular group meals. The trip will be limited to 9 paid ONSC member trucks. Click HERE to see the thread and photos from last year's trip.

If this sounds like a trip for you, post up below or PM me. I'll edit this post as spots are filled.

1. Keefers
2. Shandors
3. Cortanis
4. Capers'
5. Longs
6. Del
7. Casale + 1 future Casale

Last edited:
In.

Brian I would love to sign up for this run.

Sending PM

EDIT:

Cool. Looks like I made the list.

Attending: Myself + 3 kids and wife.
In case an accurate count is needed.

Thanks

Del

Last edited:
David and I have decided to open up each of the trips to a total of 9 trucks. Those of you who have not been there, limiting the trucks helps with the entry into Hurricane Creek, width is one truck wide with limited pull overs, so if we get a long line of trucks going through and meet a truck along the way, they might have to back up the curvy trail for a while. The second point is getting 9 trucks together in the woods with limited cleared areas is next to impossible. It might end up where the group is split between 2-3 areas a few miles aprt, and that's if no one else has spoken for them.

So we're capping this to 9 trucks.

I officially have the time off from work and the kitchen pass.

Vitelli +1, not sure I made the cutoff. Rats! Let me know.

It looks like you're full, but there's a couple of us from the Lowcountry who would like to be put on a waitlist, if there is such a thing. @collk22 and myself.

Dang this trip filled fast! If there is a waitlist, add 2 adults, a little cruiser/adventurer, and a large malamute to the list.

I think we need to start limiting all of our events, it seems to increase participation!

Man, I really want to do one of the Hurricane Creek trips. I need to modify the suspension on the truck and add better off-road tires before I do though. Oh, and I need to get better at wheeling. Maybe next time.

Alex you'd be fine with your setup. Nothing too technical with this trip, just some dirt roads and great scenery.

Agreed, get out and blow the stink off your truck Alex :)

Hey- Jim and I are on for the July trip... can someone post the GPS coordinates for Hurricane Creek (at least the part where we're headed)? Thanks!

Google maps: Hurricane Creek Road, Clyde, NC

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom