Arizona Classifieds / For Sale / Wanted (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Steve I'm pretty sure I have drivelines from a three speed. What I'm not sure of if it's the earlier small flange pattern or the later. Get me a measurement from the weld for the U joint to the other spin joint end.
My front driveshaft appears to be 13.5 inches on the 2.5" diameter tube, with four more inches on the smaller necked down portion.
7D_26155-small.jpg

I have for sale 2 x 17" black steel rims, 6 lug 5.5 inch/139.7mm (Tacoma / 4 Runner / GX).
Includes 285/70R17 Hankook Dynapro MT tyres (2x).

These came on a trailer I bought, and I have since converted LC wheels.

PM me if interested. I am listing in other places.
Make an offer...CSC pricing.
Located near Gilbert Rd/Ocotillo Rd in SE Chandler.
OK to sell separately... two left

upload_2018-11-12_8-48-15.png

upload_2018-11-12_8-48-43.png

upload_2018-11-12_8-49-7.png

upload_2018-11-12_8-49-27.png

Last edited:
Steve, can’t a good driveline shop re-tube? Seems like a normal repair if the rest of the driveline is good.
Yeah, that was our first attempt while we were at the Chile Challenge and bent it on the second day's trail run.

We called down to the only driveline shop in Las Cruces, they said they could re-tube it the next morning, we took it down there, they called back the next day and told me that they couldn't fit it on their machine but their El Paso shop could, called the El Paso shop & they said they could get to it the next week (way past the end of the event).

We drove back down to Las Cruces, picked up the driveshaft that was now un-balanced because they cut the balancing weights off before they found it didn't fit on their machine, drove back to Caballo Lake, put the driveshaft back in, and drove it on the trail run the next day.

So I lost one day of a four day event for nothing. Also the cost to re-tube and balance was going to be about three times the going rate for stock shafts on 'Mud as many people replace the stock driveshaft during mods.

I'd rather pick up an un-molested stock shaft and re-tube this one myself to keep as a spare.

Or just put in an H55 and get to make two new shafts!

Steve, can’t a good driveline shop re-tube? Seems like a normal repair if the rest of the driveline is good.

Yeah, that was our first attempt while we were at the Chile Challenge and bent it on the second day's trail run.

We called down to the only driveline shop in Las Cruces, they said they could re-tube it the next morning, we took it down there, they called back the next day and told me that they couldn't fit it on their machine but their El Paso shop could, called the El Paso shop & they said they could get to it the next week (way past the end of the event).

We drove back down to Las Cruces, picked up the driveshaft that was now un-balanced because they cut the balancing weights off before they found it didn't fit on their machine, drove back to Caballo Lake, put the driveshaft back in, and drove it on the trail run the next day.

So I lost one day of a four day event for nothing. Also the cost to re-tube and balance was going to be about three times the going rate for stock shafts on 'Mud as many people replace the stock driveshaft during mods.

I'd rather pick up an un-molested stock shaft and re-tube this one myself to keep as a spare.

Or just put in an H55 and get to make two new shafts!

Think you will find it a challenge putting a H55F into a pre 73. Have the driveshafts from my 73 and a bunch of earlier skinny driveshafts that the short male spline end is longer making the long side shorter. Two different sets of four speed driveshafts, E-7/80 and 8/80+. Set of five speed driveshafts. Then one other driveshaft bolted loosely to a brake drum that measures the same as the three speed front shaft. Why it bolted to the drum haven't a clue. These are up on a shelve and can't tell the flange pattern but does look like I have a spare front that is not the skinny early style.

Does anyone need a 6.5' bed off of a '17 Tundra?

It had less than 70 miles when we pulled it off to make room for the Norweld on the Tiny House Tundra.

MSRP is around a bazillion, that makes CSC price $2500 or some cool stuff in trade.

20180126_161753.jpg

I am right now going through the conversion from conventional home/multiple-auto policy to stated-value policy with Liberty Mutual - but I am not doing this for the sake of avoiding emissions testing, I want the older vehicles insured for what it would cost me to replace them, not some puny Blue Book number

Liberty Mutual doesn't do stated value policies, but their subsidiary company SafeCo does (we previously had the 40 and Blazer insured with them when we had the condo, but when we bought the house, the combined policy made the home insurance part more affordable)

SafeCo wants to know the number of miles a vehicle is driven per year (from past experience, I went for 3000 miles each) - and they want all vehicles insured under stated value to be stored in a locked facility, i.e. garage or somesuch. They are currently asking me to provide multiple pictures of outside, inside, engine compartment, and of the place where each vehicle will live. Once the underwriters get those, they may adjust certain conditions of the policy, or price.

Several other big insurers also do stated-value policies, and the requirements vary slightly by company - Hagerty will not cover vehicles that are being wheeled, so that was not an option for me

funny enough, the stated-value policy comes in lower than what was charged for the three vehicles (40, LX and Blazer) on my conventional home/auto policy with Liberty Mutual, even though Safeco will have to pay out more in case of a claim - I am also able to keep the home/auto combination discount through the conventional insurance with Liberty Mutual that still includes the GX :D

update:

shortly after taking my money, I got the insurance cards, and they asked for a list of pictures . . . exterior, interior, back, sides, front, engine compartment . . . agent said this was routine for "stated-value"

by pure chance, I discovered today that Safeco cancelled the policy without even seeing a need to inform me :rolleyes: - as a matter of fact, the sent out the snailmail just today, with the cancel date for Friday, leaving me less than 48 hours after the letter would have arrived :mad: (nevermind, I have a USPS hold until a week thereafter, so the deadline would have passed before we even got back into town :mad:)

guess what, the reason they cancelled was (heard it from two different customer service agents): "these vehicles are not antique or classic enough to qualify under our policy" :bang: - "because they seem to be driven offroad" - NO s*** :rofl:

(like I hadn't truthfully mentioned all of this when they sold me the policy :rolleyes:)

so back to my previous policy they went . . .

now on the lookout for another "stated-value" carrier . . .

update:

shortly after taking my money, I got the insurance cards, and they asked for a list of pictures . . . exterior, interior, back, sides, front, engine compartment . . . agent said this was routine for "stated-value"

by pure chance, I discovered today that Safeco cancelled the policy without even seeing a need to inform me :rolleyes: - as a matter of fact, the sent out the snailmail just today, with the cancel date for Friday, leaving me less than 48 hours after the letter would have arrived :mad: (nevermind, I have a USPS hold until T-day, so the deadline would have passed before we even got back into town :mad:)

guess what, the reason they cancelled was (heard it from two different customer service agents): "these vehicles are not antique or classic enough to qualify under our policy" :bang: - "because they seem to be driven offroad" - NO s*** :rofl:

(like I hadn't truthfully mentioned all of this when they sold me the policy :rolleyes:)

that's why it happened :doh: - I let my brother drive only on dirt roads :p
Well to be fair - it was his cruiser for 35 years before he gave it to me so I always let him drive when we meet up:)

1978 full Hard Top, doors , side panels, ambulance doors, all OEM glass except one side window that needs to be replaced, Think of parting with it, let me know if there is someone local that needs one and would like one with a vent window. Also have an extra hardtop also in great condition.

When you say extra hard top do you mean the whole top or just the cap? Also the 73-78 center console if you still have it.

64mm X 56mm with 10mm bolts

Not sure if the nuts used on the brake drum were too large as far as wrench used or wrong SAE wrench was used. Ended up pulling it off the shelve to remove the nuts. Was when I did I noticed dents in the main tube.:frown:
IMG_20181115_125743213.jpg
IMG_20181115_125729004.jpg

Interesting the driveshaft I believe were from my 73 have the same pattern but used smaller bolts. Which brings up the question does my 73 have smaller holes in the flange or are 73 driveshafts somewhere else. Anyway have a driveshaft while not as bad as yours it does have some dents.

I have for sale 2 x 17" black steel rims, 6 lug 5.5 inch/139.7mm (Tacoma / 4 Runner / GX).
Includes 285/70R17 Hankook Dynapro MT tyres (2x).

These came on a trailer I bought, and I have since converted LC wheels.

PM me if interested. I am listing in other places.
Make an offer...CSC pricing.
Located near Gilbert Rd/Ocotillo Rd in SE Chandler.
OK to sell separately... two left

Two left...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom