ARB Drawer Owners...... I Have Some Questions for You. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I had two packages, I needed them both I hate to tell you. I do have some spare spacers and bolts that may not have been needed on the “RD” you got if you are in the US and have trouble sourcing locally. At least you will have everything needed to compare by.

Thanks for the help. Also is the ARB 200FK the correct part number for the fit kit? I have a 2010 LX. And does that cover fitment for both sides of the drawers? So only $130ish extra on top of the cost of the drawers? Just trying to make sure I don't need to order two fit kits.

Thanks

Yes only one of those is what I ordered and it fit my 2011 LX570 with two RDRF1045 drawers.

By the way, the instructions are a bit difficult to follow at first. I do see that I missed a small step involving joining the two boxes by Hammering a piece of sheet metal to join the lower cross bracing between the boxes. I did that part but there was an extra sheet showing 4 bolts that secure that piece between the two. It should have been obvious since they were wrapped in those piece of metal but since these boxes fit many different models, I assumed they were extra. Yesterday I discovered that sheet of paper detailing that step better. Let me know if you need any help, I will try to reply quickly since I just installed mine

By the way, the instructions are a bit difficult to follow at first. I do see that I missed a small step involving joining the two boxes by Hammering a piece of sheet metal to join the lower cross bracing between the boxes. I did that part but there was an extra sheet showing 4 bolts that secure that piece between the two. It should have been obvious since they were wrapped in those piece of metal but since these boxes fit many different models, I assumed they were extra. Yesterday I discovered that sheet of paper detailing that step better. Let me know if you need any help, I will try to reply quickly since I just installed mine
Thanks a lot man! Planning on tackling it this weekend.

Trying to order a set that still keeps the second row seats. Is it x2 RDRF1045 ? Any additional side trim fitment kits I need to order?

Trying to order a set that still keeps the second row seats. Is it x2 RDRF1045 ? Any additional side trim fitment kits I need to order?

Yes. The 1045s (2 each) will still allow enough recline in the second row. 200FK is the 200 series side trim fit kit.

You want the 41.14” deep (front to back) drawers in either fixed or roll-Top.

Then you’ll want the side fit kit for your 200.

Roll-top on both side highly recommended for easier access, especially rear drawer contents when full, etc. Also easier Maint. & removal if necessary.

Are the prices for the various drawer components about the same for all of the vendors, or will they give you the actual quote if you contact them?

Are the prices for the various drawer components about the same for all of the vendors, or will they give you the actual quote if you contact them?
I found prices to be pretty consistent among most vendors. I went with Sierra Expedition because they had free shipping and no tax.

Yes. The 1045s (2 each) will still allow enough recline in the second row. 200FK is the 200 series side trim fit kit.
Do you also have to order two of the side trims?

Do you also have to order two of the side trims?

The fit kit comes as a two-sided set. So just one fit-kit will handle it. Just specify the 200 series and good to go.

You can install with the side kit, but it would leav a gaping, unfinished valley in either side. Kit also provides significant extra space, along with access to the stock jack location on rear passenger side.

The fit kit comes as a two-sided set. So just one fit-kit will handle it. Just specify the 200 series and good to go.

You can install with the side kit, but it would leav a gaping, unfinished valley in either side. Kit also provides significant extra space, along with access to the stock jack location on rear passenger side.
Thanks for all the info guys!

my drawers r coming in this week!!! Are there preferred mounting holes to use for these drawers on the 200? Don't want to go around cutting the carpet to find a mounting hole :X

If I recall correctly, the mounting holes are the same as the floor mounted tie down hooks. Remove the hooks/screws and attached drawers there.

my drawers r coming in this week!!! Are there preferred mounting holes to use for these drawers on the 200? Don't want to go around cutting the carpet to find a mounting hole :X

@dukmon is correct. The holes are already visible. You will have to remove the third row seat anchors, and trim the carpet and padding back about an inch to make things easy.

Just got mine and looks like they came preassembled. I thought I'd have to put it together.
v7bUgDr.jpg

Hopefully ARB finally got around to translating from Australian English into US English... :) If not...its rather entertaining—or at least it was years ago when I installed my first set in my 100 Series. But that was back when they were stuck under their old name (not bought my ARB).

Just got mine and looks like they came preassembled. I thought I'd have to put it together.

No worries! Some disassembly required! :rofl: It’s all pretty easy though. Pro tip: The “oblong washers” are the rectangular metal plates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom