ARB Drawer Owners...... I Have Some Questions for You. (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Ok thanks very much. Here I go... Wish me luck.

Ok thanks very much. Here I go... Wish me luck.

No luck involved. :)
You’re gonna wonder how you ever stayed organized without drawers. :)

Favorite interior mod of all!

No luck involved. :)
You’re gonna wonder how you ever stayed organized without drawers. :)

Favorite interior mod of all!

100% on this - easy to do, and nice to have for trips; but I discovered the real value of the drawers now that I started SAR training and have to keep a ton of stuff in the truck all the time, I can keep it all out of sight and easily accessible, just an awesome mod.

Oh no doubt on the usefulness. I have an ancient Action Packer and an old Rubbermaid tub in the back of my truck now just to keep things from rolling around, but it really limits the organization, and how much I can carry.

I'm just coming to the realization that I really really like this truck, but with 7 years and 120K miles under it's belt, I wish I had bought something newer and with fewer miles. So I may upgrade sooner than I think, definitely before I do something permanent like bumpers/sliders/wiring and so on. I'm kinda casually looking now, but there is NOTHING in this entire region that I'm interested in. I went and looked at a low mile '15 on Friday (90 minutes away), gray on black, but the dealer creeped me out and they are resisting my thorough inspection. Won't let me touch the KDSS valve, for instance.

100% on this - easy to do, and nice to have for trips; but I discovered the real value of the drawers now that I started SAR training and have to keep a ton of stuff in the truck all the time, I can keep it all out of sight and easily accessible, just an awesome mod.

It’s also a huge safety help in the event of a rollover. All of my heavy tools, recovery gear, and random blunt objects are kept safely stowed rather than flying around the cabin whacking people in the head if something goes wrong.

I went and looked at a low mile '15 on Friday (90 minutes away), gray on black, but the dealer creeped me out and they are resisting my thorough inspection. Won't let me touch the KDSS valve, for instance.

Was that Wellesley? I'm not surprised. I always feel like I need a shower after leaving that place...

ARB drawer installs are 100% reversible. Everything bolts in using existing holes, etc. It’s not something you are going to want to take out/put in regularly as it’s a bit of work...but no worries about any permanent changes.

X2

I can have them in/out in an hour or so each direction but I'd never do it... not worth the effort and things will get wracked/damaged over time.

Was that Wellesley? I'm not surprised. I always feel like I need a shower after leaving that place...

Yup. Truck was on a lift getting new tires, they also wouldn't lower it down so I could see the interior. The trailer harness was missing (never installed), they told me that would be my problem to fix. Then they were installing those crappy Dunlop tires which I told them sucked and would have to come back off. I was disgusted at how filthy the shop was, the techs toolbox looked like a crime scene. Waste of time going there, you were right.

Just installed a set of RFRDs in my LX. All is exactly like the Landcruiser. I am a bit concerned that my RH drawer somehow is binding as it is quite a bit more difficult to open and close both the drawer and floor.

Anyone experience this at first and it work itself out? I haven’t gone for a drive yet to let things settle.

Also, anyone have specific organizing boxes they use to utilize most of the available drawer space? I have Front Runner Cubpacks and the larger Wolf packs but they are too tall for the RFRD.

Maybe the RFRDs reduced the depth an inch because the Front Runner stuff was so close to fitting it was almost like they were made for these drawers.

The Cubpack, which is the rigid box in the attached photo, needed 1/4” more clearance with the lid off. I could hack them up, and 3 should fit perfectly in each drawer, but a lot of what you pay for is lost then with the locking lids and stacking ability.

The soft bag shown needed close to an inch more depth which the Drawer Only model may provide. Had it fit the RFRD, it would have been a great solution.

63F32F11-2918-4DDF-A007-B2F384E43769.jpeg

AEF3A166-EC95-4019-BA5B-21A6B7E29C85.jpeg

Maybe the RFRDs reduced the depth an inch because the Front Runner stuff was so close to fitting it was almost like they were made for these drawers.

The Cubpack, which is the rigid box in the attached photo, needed 1/4” more clearance with the lid off. I could hack them up, and 3 should fit perfectly in each drawer, but a lot of what you pay for is lost then with the locking lids and stacking ability.

The soft bag shown needed close to an inch more depth which the Drawer Only model may provide. Had it fit the RFRD, it would have been a great solution.

View attachment 1889082

View attachment 1889083

The metal cross beams under the floor definitely mean you cannot stack to the plywood.

View attachment 1889082

View attachment 1889083

I can confirm the regular 12” high ARB drawer (non-roller floor variant) houses the Front Runner Flatpacks perfectly. I had a set of ARB’s largest drawers in my Tacoma and the FR packs fit the drawers very snug in both width and height.

1DC227AB-3DF6-442B-A812-C30BA35B5F26.jpeg
30C7263B-FFF3-4E8F-910B-1D62135D2370.jpeg

I can confirm the regular 12” high ARB drawer (non-roller floor variant) houses the Front Runner Flatpacks perfectly. I had a set of ARB’s largest drawers in my Tacoma and the FR packs fit the drawers very snug in both width and height.

View attachment 1889250 View attachment 1889251

Hmmm... Never seen 12” tall ARB drawers.
Sleeping in the back would suck and panels would be blocked...but the capacity would be killer.

Hmmm... Never seen 12” tall ARB drawers.
Sleeping in the back would suck and panels would be blocked...but the capacity would be killer.

IIRC, the height of the whole system was around 12” and the interior drawer height was ~8”. I sold the truck over a year ago, so some of the details escape me.

IIRC, the height of the whole system was around 12” and the interior drawer height was ~8”. I sold the truck over a year ago, so some of the details escape me.

Ah. OK… We have the same drawers. Was curious though because I have often wished for a bit more height.

I can’t complain, for the first time ever I have my ARB Fridge tied down and easily accessible with the roller floor. I was surprised how easy it was for me to see what was in it as I’m 5’8” but I think i had the height on the LX on low. It makes it much easier to work under the hood.

D4D3B488-BE5D-4E73-BACB-7F94378F4495.jpeg

I can’t complain, for the first time ever I have my ARB Fridge tied down and easily accessible with the roller floor. I was surprised how easy it was for me to see what was in it as I’m 5’8” but I think i had the height on the LX on low. It makes it much easier to work under the hood.

View attachment 1889984
I'd love to see some more photos of your 570!

I'd love to see some more photos of your 570!

Coming up in a day or two! As fast as I’m moving on this thing, I probably should have started a build thread of my own a few weeks back. I installed a Redarc DC-DC charger and the Switch Pros 9100 after getting the fridge bolted down yesterday. Just finished programming the Switch Pros. Thanks to Ben at Slee, awesome product! Lots of crimping, soldering and heat shrink.

Maybe one pic wouldn’t hurt

15F8756D-2D7D-4EFE-ACA6-DC5F1D2CC685.jpeg

Does anyone know if this is the only mounting hardware I’ll need for two rd1045’s? I found a deal on some used ones and there was only one package of hardware between the two drawers.

6981B69F-9088-4FFB-91AD-7D951C56A329.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom