ARB bull bar owners - weight of the bumper? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm strongly considering adding a non winch ARB bull bar and wondering what they weigh. Incredibly, I cannot find it by googling except one reference to a Wrangler model weighing only 80lbs. I don't think that's enough weight, so I'm hoping someone can tell me what they think their 80 bar weighs. Just need a ballpark.

DougM

It roughly weighs about 70 to 80 lbs. You should go for it along with all the protection you get, you get way more approach angle when wheelin :beer:

Here's a pic of my non-winch:

1sytdv

Oh yeah, believe it or not, I actually got that sucker up there and installed it myself. It is definitely not more than 80 lbs.

I think the winch version even with no winch in it looks better than the non winch verson. My .02.

maybe it's the awkward size and shape (or i'm just a :princess: ) because i would have pinned the weight somewhere north of 100, maybe 110 or 120....

cc93cruiser said:
Oh yeah, believe it or not, I actually got that sucker up there and installed it myself.

Gee, hope that's not a problem :princess: since it doesn't weigh that much and I frequently put mine on by myself with the winch already installed in it. :flipoff2:

Junk said:
Gee, hope that's not a problem :princess: since it doesn't weigh that much and I frequently put mine on by myself with the winch already installed in it. :flipoff2:

Yeah, but you have a huge arse that acts as a counterweight. :flipoff2:

How about lets comprimise. It's around 100 pounds. One can do it by themeselves. Oh and the winch bumper is better cause it always leaves you the option and looks more heavy duty!

I just received my ARB Bull Bar (with winch mount) about 3 weeks ago. If I remember correctly, the packing slip said it weighed about 120 lbs. That might be with the packing materials (cardboard, etc..._

Doug, I saw a new ARB non winch 80 bar on Ebay this week, I think in WA. recall it being $450

how did I know junk was going to give me some s*** for that post :flipoff2:

stuck in GA said:
How about lets comprimise. It's around 100 pounds. One can do it by themeselves. Oh and the winch bumper is better cause it always leaves you the option and looks more heavy duty!

Dude, Its defenatly not 100 lbs. I lifted it myself to put it on and I'm not exactly the govenator. I think the shipping weight is 85 lbs and the card board box it comes in has got some serious bulk to it. Its between 65 and 70.

Because it 's a big box, they are most likely charging you a "box weight" which is based on box size, not the weight of the package. Agreed, it's not more than 100 pounds, more like 80-85.

and I'm not exactly the govenator.
Maybe cause you a little girly man..

Not to hijack this thread, but if you add the ARB bumper and then a winch, I estimate you will add somewhere to the tune of 200 to 250 pounds to the front end. No one has any issues with respect to handling or manuevering after doing this? Was the OEM front suspension designed to handle the additional weight?

97 Land Bruiser said:
Not to hijack this thread, but if you add the ARB bumper and then a winch, I estimate you will add somewhere to the tune of 200 to 250 pounds to the front end. No one has any issues with respect to handling or manuevering after doing this? Was the OEM front suspension designed to handle the additional weight?

The only issue I have with this is that my front end appears to be sagging slowly. I'm still not absolutely certain as my front end always had a bit of a nose droop, but these days it seems to be more droopy.

I've had no handling problems but I also carry a lot of stuff in the back like a tool chest, shovel and other recovery equipment, lots of spare odds and ends, camp chairs etc.

Kalawang

97 Land Bruiser said:
Was the OEM front suspension designed to handle the additional weight?

The OEM suspension was not. If you have an OEM suspension, and want to keep the OEM height, you could go the OME low lift springs (OME 861's)

97 Land Bruiser said:
Not to hijack this thread, but if you add the ARB bumper and then a winch, I estimate you will add somewhere to the tune of 200 to 250 pounds to the front end. No one has any issues with respect to handling or manuevering after doing this? Was the front suspension designed to handle the additional weight?

Kalawang said:
The only issue I have with this is that my front end appears to be sagging slowly. I'm still not absolutely certain as my front end always had a bit of a nose droop, but these days it seems to be more droopy.
Kalawang

Nah not me I wont ever put that in the front :flipoff2: I ordered and gettin front bumper from overseas ... stay tuned for further action :cool:

Interesting, the picture attached actually helps explain what the damage is on the other (roll-over) thread - it really is a wing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom