ARB Air Compressor mounting (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I use mine for inflating tires

Sorry for the hijack....
Chasetruck, do you have another picture of how the compressor is mounted? I am installing a SC and want to relocate my ARB compressor to that location.

Best I can do without a ladder or crawling on top of the engine...

There used to be an older RDCKA down there, but that started leaking at the big O-ring, and I know from the K5 how that ends.

JMS_1631.jpg

JMS_1633.jpg

Last edited:
I have the twin ARB , mounted behind the rear panel on the right side.

photo_zps85a8bbc7.jpg

I would love to have the twin but my $$$ won't cut it:mad: How's that working for ya?

who not just buy the small ARB compressor for the locker and get an MV-50 portable from Amazon (sorta $65ish) for airing up the tires - done

also, if money is tight, an Aussie locker is a great option for the rear - disclaimer: I have never run one, I really like ARBs

I would love to have the twin but my $$$ won't cut it:mad: How's that working for ya?

It's been great, doesn't get to hot in that location and it airs up the tires fast!

who not just buy the small ARB compressor for the locker and get an MV-50 portable from Amazon (sorta $65ish) for airing up the tires - done

Also, if money is tight, an Aussie locker is a great option for the rear - disclaimer: I have never run one, I really like ARBs

I'd researched Aussie locker and $$ wise it's great. But the clicking sound that it makes, will probably bother me (rig is my DD), and i'm not sure if it's safe and ideal for a daily driven truck. I'm doing more reading on that. I've read also that some put heavy oil on their diffs with aussie's to minimize the noise??

Anyways, reviews are in favor of MV-50 and $$ is on spot! The MF-1050 is not bad as well. I am considering that idea.

Thanks...

Last edited:
Best I can do without a ladder or crawling on top of the engine...

There used to be an older RDCKA down there, but that started leaking at the big O-ring, and I know from the K5 how that ends.

Thanks ChaseTruck, that's pretty clear on how the compressor is mounted

With the S/C and dual batteries this was the only space left in my rig. Custom bracket bolted to the firewall and under the cruise module.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks cyclosteve, really appreciate the pic of the mounting plate you made. Any chance you have a spare laying around?

I mounted my CKMA12 vertical just next to the air cleaner on the passenger side. I have the air filter at the top for the occasional water crossings.

The only problem I have had is with air leaks in the lines when repairs are made, other than that no issues with heat under the hood and I am in Arizona. There is plenty of room under the hood if you are creative.

CIMG0759.jpg

CIMG0752.jpg

CIMG0759.jpg

CIMG0752.jpg

Just picked up a 2nd hand ARB compressor for the sole use of inflating tires.
Any advice on how to set that up?
As you experts know there are three threaded holes on the "tank."
My guess is plug the smaller ones and put the hose fitting on the larger. Correct?

photo_zps85a8bbc7.jpg
@Splittilps
I'm on the fence between the duel & single HD ARB compressor.

What guage, type wire and fuse did you run to the duel arb?

Still happy with the compressor and install?

Did you pull the carpet and run the wire inside or go under? I'm asking because if I plan to add a fridge or inverter back there I want to run it once and sub panel it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom