ARB 40 "Catchers Mask" Bull Bar (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let's say one could get the ARB rebuilt for the $800 range they were new how many would pony up the cash BEFORE to buy one ??? And not a copy a Real ARB ??

Sent from outer space via my mind

Coincidentally, that's the exact figure I just paid for mine, so obviously I feel it's worth that amount. If you get to the point where you are needing one more sold to make an ARB order let me know. I'd likely procure a second and park it in storage for a rainy day.

I'm torn between the old ARB bullbar and Dave's current classic one with the 8274 mount on it.

I don't really like the bar underneath the ARB, it looks strange to me. Also 59'' is a little wide for my taste.

Also if the tubing was slightly thicker, could the vertical tube that covers the TOYOTA badge be eliminated?

99% of the posters on this thread need to get a new life.

Fuzzy Logic said:

Go back to the Ford Ranger forum if you don't like us.

Why is there always at least one turd that finds it's way into the punch bowl? Move along now Fuzzy....nothing to see here. Back to the rat hole you go...

Fuzzy Logic said:

Need a new life? Obviously you opened up this thread for a reason douche and that is probably because you were wondering what we are talking about.

Lol hilarious I would like to here more about Klingon proposition however I agree with southbosron. I would much rather send my money to the little guy unless your name is Mr. reed.

I'm unsure why someone would ridicule any post or thread. Every opinion is valid. Every point should be considered. People log in here to learn and express ideas and they all have to be respected. Not everyone will walk away feeling gratified with the responses but that's OK you are welcome to try again later. To
"Fuzzy logic" I will say this thread is about convincing a builder/fabricator to pursue a product that is no longer available but desired. A classic example of free market capitalism. An open discussion of
possibilities.

i too really like the bull bar look and i know i will never find one so i took a little different approach.. i ended up getting an arb from a buddy off of his 60 series wagon.. i originally mated it up to see what i had to deal with and right away i noticed that it was a bit too wide for the 40 series body.. the uprights were in the way of the headlights... so i got bored tonight and wanted to see if i could get it to fit a bit better... i ended up taking 4 inches out of the middle and am quite happy with it now.. ( i should clarify what is going on with my truck first i guess... the complete rolling chasis is from a 60 series cruiser.. the body is a transplanted 45 series..) i still have to rework the frame mounting points and recut the hole for the winch fairlead but it is an option if you cant find an older 40 series bull bar and dont mind a few hours work..

i will take better day time pics of the final product when done.. my night time pics werent very good..

the original bumper pic not yet modified
P1010137.jpg

cut it in half
P1010157.jpg

took 4 inches out of it and welding back together
P1010160.jpg

crappy night time photo of revised bumper not in the way of headlights
P1010162.jpg

crappy night time side shot!!
P1010164.jpg

Nice job scaling it down to fit your rig. Amazing what skilled individuals can do in a few hours.

Let's just say I talked to someone in the know at Round up about this tread and IF I get 20-25 pre-sold they will make a new run

Sent from outer space via my mind

Joel, I just got back from roundup. Sorry I didn't get to talk to you about this. I spoke to some bigwig at ARB several years ago about producing this bumper. He said they would consider doing another production run with a minimum of 20 units. No price was mentioned but I assumed it would have been at the old retail price, which was around $650. I didn't have 20 buyers so I never pursued the idea.

FWIW, I think the 4+ bumpers Dave builds are more rugged than ARB's, and made in the good old US of A.

Fuzzy Logic said:
As if you got a lot of room to be talking..:meh:

I don't even know what that means.

PM sent.

I think you're wasting your time Alex

I think you're right. I went to his profile page and saw this under friends...

"Fuzzy Logic has not made any friends yet"

I think you're wasting your time Alex

Precisely why I deleted my post above. Fuzzy must be bored and is looking for attention in the form of a pointless banter with anyone that will bite. Maybe if we ignore him he'll get bored and go away?

Lee and I both like Dave Gore's Aussie brush guard design and think that a simple bumper with the brush guard integrated would look cool.

Sorry for the crappy PowerPoint CAD drawing, but you get the idea.
AussieBarConcept01.JPG

Last edited:
Possible Design for New 40 Bumper with 8274 Mount

To expand on DaveGonz's illustration. We looked at a number of 40 bumpers last weekend at the Lone Star Land Cruiser Roundup. We felt that integrating two of Dave Gore's existing 4+ designs into a single bumper would be easier and less costly to produce than an all new design. The image in the previous post simply combines the main bumper channel of the 4+ deluxe capped winch bumper with the Aussie brush guard. Just an idea.

Thoughts, comments, suggestions?

I like it. Any thoughts on what tubing would be used for the upper portion? I think something a little larger diameter than the previous one that is sold through MAF would give it a beefier look. No offense intended. The previous version wasn't bad, it's simply a suggestion. Maybe provisions for D rings or shackles as well?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom