ARB 40 "Catchers Mask" Bull Bar (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Anyone know the approximate year that ARB quit making this version and for the 40 and went to newer version that is available today? I have a line on one that the owner has never taken out of the box that was purchased 6-7 years ago and I'm trying to determine which he might have as he does not have pictures and it's wrapped pretty well so he is having trouble identifying the vintage.

Anyone? Don't think I've ever seen a question asked here that stumped this crew! Hook a brother up with an answer would ya? Lol

78crzr said:
Anyone? Don't think I've ever seen a question asked here that stumped this crew! Hook a brother up with an answer would ya? Lol

Only one way to know for sure. Open it up and get a pic. I wouldn't get it based on a yr made. Unless you are just curious but that's just me.

Since it shares the design with the TJ Wrangler bull bar and it came out in '97, I'd guess around '98 give or take a few years? Maybe one of the venders would know exactly -

Tucker

Also - how tall is the box, the early style would be much taller and skinnier box than the new ...

Last edited:
Only one way to know for sure. Open it up and get a pic. I wouldn't get it based on a yr made. Unless you are just curious but that's just me.

Yeah, he's supposed to go to his shop later in the week to check which bumper he's got. Problem is I need to get another seller of a YJ BullBar an answer about buying his by tomorrow or I lose it to another buyer. And a Jeep guy at that.... Was going to modify it to fit the 40. Guess I'll gamble and let the YJ bar go and see what happens. Not buying based on production year, just trying to determine the rough time period when ARB went from the "Roo Bar" look to what they offer today, which isn't going to do much in keeping a deer off of the front of my 40.

Call and ask
ARB 425-264-1391

they are real nice guys

Just have him open the hardware packet. There are instructions in there with printed pictures of the specific bar

about 2001 ish

about 2001 ish

Thanks man. I'd be willing to bet my seller has the current version then since he said he bought it 6-7 years ago, but I'll find out for sure later in the week. It's still in the original packaging as he never put it on his rig and he didn't recall the design. He's an older gentleman that is selling his rig due to health issues.

Thanks man. I'd be willing to bet my seller has the current version then since he said he bought it 6-7 years ago, but I'll find out for sure later in the week. It's still in the original packaging as he never put it on his rig and he didn't recall the design. He's an older gentleman that is selling his rig due to health issues.

Maybe not. In 6/'03 I bought the catcher's mask version directly from ARB in Seattle. Think you will have to open up the box.

John

John McVicker said:
Maybe not. In 6/'03 I bought the catcher's mask version directly from ARB in Seattle. Think you will have to open up the box.

John

That's still 9 years ago :p... Have him open it or even give you the part number off the box

Sent from outer space via my mind

Woo hoo! Just got word from the owner that the ARB is the old school version. Part # 3420010. Truly amazed and it definitely made my day. Thanks for the help guys.

Last edited:
That's a sweet score even sweeter if your getting it for dirt cheap

Unfortunately, new in box, no longer made, and cheap haven't been used in the same sentence in this deal. I'm good with it given the cost to replicate based on the figure you were quoted. Are you chasing down the other one?

78crzr said:
Unfortunately, new in box, no longer made, and cheap haven't been used in the same sentence in this deal. I'm good with it given the cost to replicate based on the figure you were quoted. Are you chasing down the other one?

I was but a other mud member posted the cl ad in the for sale section and I think the guy has been overwhelmed. He made a comment that he was getting alot of calls and then I saw the cl ad posted on here and that's why the guy was being contacted all of a sudden.

I guess he wasn't trading it for local parts after all. Figured he didn't like my offer. I didn't think his number being so close to retail new was realistic, but maybe I was wrong....

That's the one I was referring to with Sully. $650 seemed high for it to me. That may just be me though as I was factoring in wanting to have it blasted and recoated if I bought it. Not sure what they went for new....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom