Anyone Running SOA With 33's? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I would imagine most people have bigger tires if they are SOA. That way they can pick up even more clearance.

don't do 33's...they look like crap with an soa. go 35 - 37

33s look like crap on a SOA, mine sat on 33s for about 45 minutes before the 35s went on...no photographic evidence survived.

I ran 33s for quite a while on my SOA, these were actually 305/70R16s which converts to 32.8, but they measured 33".

IMG_0915.JPG

I had 33x12.5 swapers on my SOA 40 for a while. It depends on how flat your springs are. 35's are a much better bet though. Sorry no pics on this comp although I might be able to scan one or two.

if i'm running 35s on a SUA, you NEED to be running 35s....

I'm thinking of going down to 33s....maybe

The reason I was asking is because (on my never-ending search for an FJ40) I found a 1973 with a Chevy 350 V8, 4 speed transmission, power steering, GM steering column w/ tilt wheel, 10,000lb Ramsey winch, new birfields, disc brakes on all wheels, spring over lift on 35" super swampers. The price is really good and I am trying to negotiate with the seller....however, I just think a SOA with 35's is a touch too big for personal preferences. Will 35's decrease the performance drastically? Is there anything you can do to keep the SOA and make the lift smaller?

I'd be surprised if you notice much of a performance difference w/ 35 vs 33 on that rig. The motor can handle it, the brakes can handle it.... where is the problem?

This may be a stupid question, but can I pull a spring out of the stock packs to get the cruiser a bit lower? If so, how much lower could you make it by doing this? Just getting some ideas....

mine currently sits on 33's SOA. Whats the problem??? Simple- Cash to buy new tires after a motor swap with all the goodies, and self done SOA with billsteins, 55 rears, drivelines, etc...

-Dustin

dustin said:
mine currently sits on 33's SOA. Whats the problem??? Simple- Cash to buy new tires after a motor swap with all the goodies, and self done SOA with billsteins, 55 rears, drivelines, etc...

-Dustin

Do you have any pics on hand?

One of the reasons I went with 33's is that I could stuff the 33's. 36's would rub and pushing 36's even with desmog and headers was a chore. Off roading was all clutch too. :(

but he's got v8 which will easily push 35's

You can flatten out your springs by pulling a few and adding an add a leaf or something to help and that will make it not so bad on 33's. Personally I am a fan of 33's even though I run 35's. 35's are considered small to some but reality is they are actually pretty big IMO...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom