fj running rich (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Just take the other end of the wire you have clipped to the solenoid body off the meter and touch ground! Then it should click (or not). You are overthinking this.
So the ground on the battery isn’t enough ? Like I hear you but there’s no click dude. I followed Matt’s instructions and he knows what’s up….i see I have it on the B+ side so I’ll take it to the ground side and if I don’t hear click I’m not trying anything else I’m just buying a new one … will show pics for u

So because this wire is out of my fuse box it has no power going to it from there … therefore connected power direct from battery ..
Grounded other clip on ground - nada
Tell me how I’m over thinking this?

IMG_4925.jpeg

IMG_4924.jpeg

IMG_4921.jpeg

IMG_4922.jpeg

You need a power source to the wire and then a ground to try and make click - right?
No click whatsoever - I’m told these single wire solenoids are grounded through the carb attached at base. I believe i not only did it Matt’s way but also your way and nada

If that’s a single wire solenoid, the carb body to intake manifold to block… is the ground.
Well no wonder it wasn’t grounded - but after tearing apart my wiring (yet again) just to see what’s up there a white/black ground line going to the volt reg which was plugged together properly - and my carb single wire ran off a splice to that ground … so it shoulda been grounded regardless.

Ughhhh on to the next thing - changing back to my old steering column … look for my next thread on going back to orig ‘76 steering column from a ‘84 toyrunner I think!? ‘84 Tilt” chalked on it.

Need advice from those who have experience changing out columns and all the extra other bs associated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom