Anyone running a BTB Front Disk Brake Conversion Kit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

NYIronPig

YES I have a problem...
SILVER Star
Threads
Got I new project headed my way, 1971 original Spring Green! Putting my punch list together now and know I want to upgrade the front brakes to disks to get some new BFG 33's. Anyone running the BTB kit?

FJ40 FJ55 Disc Brake Conversion Kit Front 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1975 - BTB Products - Land Cruiser Restoration and Parts - https://btbprod.com/product/disc-brake-conversion-kit-front-fj40-toyota-land-cruiser-7-70-75/

I have used the JT Outfitter kit before, but wanted to see what other options might be out there for me

Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40 FJ45 FJ55 – JT Outfitters - https://www.jtoutfitters.com/product/front-disc-brake-conversion-kit-toyota-land-cruiser-fj40-fj45-fj55/

240812076_889551061976534_1252659627582473854_n.jpg

I have no experience with the btb or driving the JTO kit (but I do have a JTO kit for sale….).
But I will second @Pighead sentinent. I removed a new JTO kit to go the route he states.

My issue with any wilwood kit (BTB) is the pieces aren’t always well matched. May be different here, but I’ve heard many complaints across many different types of vehicles about poor pedal, poor performance, soft brakes, etc.

Are you buying this to keep or buying it to flip?
If keeping do Toyota. If flipping, i don't care.

Are you buying this to keep or buying it to flip?
If keeping do Toyota. If flipping, i don't care.
Keeping an original Spring Green!

Well then, i think the recipe is the mini knuckles and hubs, 60 rotors and 4runner calipers. With a new 80 series master and Cityracer booster.
And Longfields.

Edit: and Poser's rear discs.

Last edited:
When I converted my 1970 to pigheads above formula, I bought a complete mini truck axle, used what I needed and sold the housing and other parts I didn’t need in a day. Sold all the extras for $100 less than I paid for the whole thing.

I have Pighead's recipe and even with very heavy 38" military tires my brakes feel as good or better than my wife's 100 series.
It's the way to go

Certainly not Pighead's recipe, has been around since the first mini went to the junkyard. Has been done a Gazillion times and just works.

Sure do, it bolted up just fine and the brakes are great!
you upgrade your booster and/or Master cylinder when you did the front disks?

If you don't upgrade the master cylinder you must remove the residual valve in the front circuit.

But seriously, skip the aftermarket bolt ons and do it the Toyota way. You won't regret!

I did. Worked great until i took my truck apart to rebuild. Good luck finding toyota stuff they are out there.

Pighead knows cause he's been stopping a portly 55 for a long time. Although Pig himself is rather svelt these days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom