Anyone have experience with these gull windows? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I bought a set of these. They arrived very well packaged and at the time I ordered the exchange rate set me back $750 for the pair. Pretty sweet deal. Again, I haven't installed yet, but I'm impressed with the build quality.

Post up when you install!

Got em! They arrived with some scratches due to poor packaging. They won't insure them cause it's glass, fel like I won the lotto getting them here in 1 piece....

20201127_175152.jpg

I am very very interested in these installed. Are they curved like stock? Do they mount with stock gasket?
these have a frame that sits on the inside of the body and they screw into the outer frame, they don't use the factory gaskets. i'll take some good pics once they are in, trucks in the body shop getting painted so i'll be dropping these off soon.

I have a set sitting at Profitts waiting to be installed after it gets painted. Let's see who's the first to post installed pics.

Any idea how dark that tint is?
A little hard to say. I discovered these windows in the ARB sponsored FJ60 build of the "Sandy 60" on the ARB Youtube channel. If you check out the "Big Build Reveal" episode it appears to match the moderately dark tinting of the rest of the rig.

Truck is still in body shop I'm guessing 2-3 more weeks cause of holidays. i'll have ton of pics once i get my truck back.

Can't wait to see these... On my list.

Truck is still in body shop I'm guessing 2-3 more weeks cause of holidays. i'll have ton of pics once i get my truck back.
I guess I lose. My truck is probably 6-8 weeks out.

I’ve seen a set on a truck here. They are very well made and fit well. They were shipped to Canada about
3 years ago, no issues. I’d like them with solid sides, no glass.

I looked through my emails and can’t find the exact dollar amount. I think it was around 250.00 shipped to my door.

I got a pair on my 62...about $800 (usd) shipped from Australia, for both. And was here inside of 2 weeks after ordering. Very straightforward install...not 'easy' in the sense that it took probably 3hours, but very simple (and did all by my lonesome). Friggin LOVE them! Another advantage over the WG ones (which are dope...but way overbuilt and expensive as a result) is the latching/locking mechanism. It is smaller and less obtrusive in cargo area (though still very secure) and is built into the glass...not the frame...so when the windows are lifted, the latches are totally out of the way and won't snag your arm or sleeves :) cannot recommend highly enough!

PXL_20210723_225754893.MP.jpg

PXL_20210723_225737851.jpg

About $1400 (USD) today with another $300 (USD) shipping ....

I like the overbuilt & how the glass sits on WG's; like the ease of use & pricing of the AUS version. I just rebuilt to factory specs a set of OEM sliders but really prefer the flip out windows. @TRAIL TAILOR is upgrading to MIT/NASA machinery, maybe we can convince him to design a set that combine the best of both the AUS & WG's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom