Anybody know of a build thread with someone fabricating the entire tub of an FJ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm contemplating making my own custom 3/4 tub for my 77 fj40. I have looked everywhere with no success in finding a like minded individual. I realize I could just buy one, but whats the fun in that?

Theres a bloke in OZ on facebook that appears to be making his own styleside tub identical to a factory one. doing it all himself and it looks like it came out of the toyota factory.
Cant remember his name tho so this info is probably completely useless:confused:

@Jespervangfalkenberg built most of his 45 by hand in his thread My HJ45 project-Denmark. The thread is old enough that you can’t see the pictures anymore. It is truly an amazing build. His thread can be found in the 45 Clubhouse.

Well i'm about to replace a bought handmade 1/1 tube on a FJ40, but it's certainly a lot of fun too

Last edited:
I built mine with parts from Cool Cruisers of Texas. Let me look for pics. It’s been a while.
Don‘t know why I didn’t do a thread, probably before I had decent digital camera.

You ask for it. This guys skills are simply amazing. He's building it from scratch. Also write "metalshaper" in the member space in the search function and "search everywhere" on this forum for more of his posts.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom