Any way to loosen hoses ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TCEd

SILVER Star
Threads
I'm finding out lot of the rubber hoses used in the emissions system/aircleaner are sorta stuck in place with age and possible heat and difficult to remove from where ever they are attached. Almost all are slip on fitment.
Is there any product that can be applied that would help to loosen the hose ? Something that could be sprayed and possibly weep in between the hose and tube to sorta lubricate the joint and ease removal ?
I'm thinking silicone spray or WD-40 possibly but wanted to ask first thinking someone found a miracle product.
ed

Get one of these

Hose Puller

Or sometimes a right angle pick does the job for smaller hoses.

I wouldn't spray any type of petroleum product on it unless I was planning on replacing the hose anyway

Get one of these

Hose Puller

Or sometimes a right angle pick does the job for smaller hoses.

I wouldn't spray any type of petroleum product on it unless I was planning on replacing the hose anyway

Yes, thank you, hose puller

X2 on the hook set. Good for lots of things as well.

A word to the wise: if any of these are vacuum hoses on any of the BVSVs or anything else with plastic nipples, be extremely gentle or risk breaking an expensive and usually unobtainable item.

I did not understand the spreading tool, feel stupid so thanks for explaining :bucktooth:
When I had to remove new radiator hoses after 5000 km I was surprised they were stuck like 30 years old.
Also the clamps toyota used are sometimes not closing as they did before, maybe make sure not to open them completely when using pliers, just enough to remove from hose or replace with clamps that can be tightened, :wrench: while there.
Now you got me working on How to Add Scales to a Lizard Wire Sculpture

For medium to large hoses I usually have good luck with water pump pliers, grab the hose with the pliers and use the pliers to help rotate the hose back and forth while pulling on the hose. For smaller hoses, like fuel hoses, I usually use vice-grip pliers.

I always apply grey Anti Sieze to new hoses. It's not a total cure all but it helps when it comes time to remove coolant & heater hoses.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom