Any interest in AC kits for lhd 7x models ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OK so we have a update , physical customs inspection in Europe happened last Friday and it passed with flying colours so besides delaying the shipment and probably adding a nice extra cost to my final bill nothing happened :(

Container is on the BUXCLIFF for the people that like to track the whereabouts of their ac system and eta in Houston is 9/18 now , let's hope that US customs is busy enough and don't flag it for a second inspection .

I will keep you all posted

Screenshot_20200915-222140_Opera.jpg

Greetings from Atlanta. I am interested in one for my 1993 FZJ70 LHD if there is extra or for the next order.

Greetings from Atlanta. I am interested in one for my 1993 FZJ70 LHD if there is extra or for the next order.
Sorry but my supplier has no kits for the gas versions , diesel lhd only.I can sell you a kit for a diesel version but you need to make your own ac compressor bracket then or use a bracket and compressor from a 1FZ US spec 80 and I can sell you the underdash condensor

The ship arrived in Bayport TX on 9/18 as scheduled

Screenshot_20200919-125015_Opera.jpg

It was 35 deg this morning in CT, so no rush.

Hopefully we will see them soon.

From my experience importing anything, getting to port is the small piece. Now it likely has to wait until the container gets unloaded and then if it is LCL it can take another week or so getting everything unpacked and sorted through customs, and maybe a few more days to get ready to transport. My guess is it could still be a week or two before @joekatana will see anything and be able to inspect and reship anything and that is if everything goes smoothly.

From my experience importing anything, getting to port is the small piece. Now it likely has to wait until the container gets unloaded and then if it is LCL it can take another week or so getting everything unpacked and sorted through customs, and maybe a few more days to get ready to transport. My guess is it could still be a week or two before @joekatana will see anything and be able to inspect and reship anything and that is if everything goes smoothly.

Well slightly different here , as soon as we get it released by customs I am driving to Houston to pick it all up in person , I am hoping by Wednesday or Thursday I should have them in my hands if customs doesn’t play hardball

Last edited:
Container has been released and will be delivered to a wharehouse in Houston today so I can start hauling everything to my shop on Wednesday , it has been a long wait but they finally made it !

I bought this kit from Joe a few year ago --- I am selling it for what I paid for it -- $2500. new in box, never opened.

I bought it assuming the 73 series I found would not have it, but in the end I found my Unicorn, Inigo.

It is a 12v kit ..... although @joekatana said he should have the 24v compressors if you need.

It is a HZJ7x version-- 12volt

$2500 plus shipping-- should be about $75 to ship.. pretty big box.

I bought this kit from Joe a few year ago --- I am selling it for what I paid for it -- $2500. new in box, never opened.

I bought it assuming the 73 series I found would not have it, but in the end I found my Unicorn, Inigo.

It is a 12v kit ..... although @joekatana said he should have the 24v compressors if you need.

It is a HZJ7x version-- 12volt

$2500 plus shipping-- should be about $75 to ship.. pretty big box.

Joe, I didn't see any info in this thread; any idea if one of your 12V kits would fit an HD-T in a 7x body?
Also, what is the brand name of the kit--or which brand compressor/condenser/etc does it use? Just curious.

Last edited:
Joe, I didn't see any info in this thread; any idea if one of your 12V kits would fit an HD-T in a 7x body?
Also, what is the brand name of the kit--or which brand compressor/condenser/etc does it use? Just curious.
Yes that would work and the kit uses a sanden compressor ( or similar) , lhd only of course.

And the closest fitment for HD-T would be the HZJ7x version (for 12volt & LHD)?
Yes as the engine blocks are the same between 1hz and 1hdt for ac compressor location and mount

And the closest fitment for HD-T would be the HZJ7x version (for 12volt & LHD)?
shoot me a message if you are interested...

Once JoeK's A/C setup is installed, how are you LHD guys turning the A/C on or off via the dash's HVAC/register controls? Or is the A/C always "on" and the temp slider determines how much cold A/C you get? It's been some time since I've had such an analog rig. Newer rigs have the Econ button where you can fully turn A/C off and the A/C compressor clutch disengages.

My truck doesn't have an A/C icon on the HVAC faceplate controls, so I'll need to update to 55519-60180 (alternate # is 55519-90K11); 5551960180+Genuine+Toyota+Sheet+Heater+Control+Name+55519-60180 for sale online | eBay - https://www.ebay.com/p/655395005
Here's a picture of LHD vs RHD control faceplates, where the RHD has A/C on the faceplate "sheet," but LHD doesn't (looks sort of like mine currently); LH & RH heater control? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/lh-rh-heater-control.1203661/#post-13027419

PS--Also, anyone know what the black switch blank on the controls is for? "55538A - COVER, COOLER SWITCH HOLE"
Indicator for Toyota Land Cruiser HZJ79L - Auto parts - Amayama - https://www.amayama.com/en/genuine-catalogs/epc/toyota-europe/land_cruiser/HZJ79L/4515/electric/8302

Last edited:
There is a on/off switch with the kit , can’t get any more simple as this

Joe, Mk216v was asking how big the condenser is... do you have diminsions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom