Anti-inversion shackle photo (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello All.
I'm hoping that somebody can post a photo of the correct installation of an anti-inversion shackle. Thanks.
Cheers Dennis.

Replaced Rear Shackles 1.JPG

I was in sure if the anti-inversion went toward the frame or the spring. I felt both had arguments for their pros and cons. Towards The frame looks to make more sense.
Cheers Dennis.

I second guessed myself a lot on this too, when I installed them! Also remember, if you bought greaseables, to install them with the grease nipples facing out. Ask me how I figured that one out... :doh:

Lol. Ok thanks. I'm actually fabing them up this weekend. Tried turning a grade eight bolt this morning to add the grease nipple and cross drilled for the grease to the bushings. All was good so I'll do the others on Saturday. Can I ask a major favor if possible, yours shackles look stock. Can I get a measurement from the 5/8 bolt to the 1/2 bolt straight across, not on the hypotenuse if that makes any sense at all? Lol.

Hey, Unfortunately, I'm nowhere near the truck at the moment (that picture is a few months old!). They're not stock shackles, either. Those are Man-a-Fre greasable anti-inversion shackles. I believe they were about 3/4in taller than stock. Unfortunately, I have no idea what the distance is (or the angle) to the center bolt.

I believe these were actually produced by 4+ products a little while back. The owner of 4+ is a member of this forum (@lcwizard ) so I'll tag him - maybe he can help you out.

Thanks. I was going to fab some up with a one inch up from stock. I think I saw some dimensions on a site somewhere, with a 2.75" up from stock. Maybe I will scale that.
Cheers.

If you are building them, why not make your own specs. There's nothing to say that the production model doesn't have some inherent compromise that makes it suitable for multiple applications, but not necessarily the BEST aspects for a particular application.

Form follows function. Figure out YOUR breakover point, and build your shackle to stop JUST before that point. Better yet, abandon the tri shackle in favor of a standard plate type shackle with a stop provision that is not shackle-based.

Best

Mark A.

www.marksoffroad.net

make your own save some money. i ended up cutting my anti inversions up and making them just flat bar type. and my gresable bolts broke in 3 out of 4 shackles

" Better yet, abandon the tri shackle in favor of a standard plate type shackle with a stop provision that is not shackle-based."

Best

Mark A.

www.marksoffroad.net[/QUOTE]

I like that idea, I'm currently trying to figure how to do that with my HFS extended shackles.....any examples?

I eliminated the anti inversion pin that tied the plates together and replaced it with a 1/2" nut and bolt. Retains the anti inversion feature, but allows the plates to flex side to side for better articulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom