Another swap will begin with 1HD-FE + H151 in an HJ60. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I plan to swap my old 2H + h55f and TC combo with 1HD-FE+ H151f and TC combo in my 84 HJ60. I know that wiring will be a problem, especially since my HJ60 is 24 volt, and the new engine comes with a 12volt setup. And also, the TC that comes with H151f is a permanent four-wheel drive with a lockable differential. Motor mounts and transmission mounts also will be relocated, and the exhaust will be rerouted.

The question is, is there any other problem with this swap that I cannot see? What are the other challenges?

Pretty much everything you mentioned will be the challenge. You're life will be much easier if you stick with the H55. I am running it behind my FT and it works good. The H151 is not really much of an improvement if any of the H55. My truck is 24v, but the FT is mechanical and has virtually no electrical so it was easy. That would be my other suggestion is to go with an FT instead of FTE, you'll end up having to converting your entire truck to 12v.

Pretty much everything you mentioned will be the challenge. You're life will be much easier if you stick with the H55. I am running it behind my FT and it works good. The H151 is not really much of an improvement if any of the H55. My truck is 24v, but the FT is mechanical and has virtually no electrical so it was easy. That would be my other suggestion is to go with an FT instead of FTE, you'll end up having to converting your entire truck to 12v.
Thanks for your reply. Ahh, sorry, I mean FT, FTE will be another challenge. Did you use any adapter for the h55, or is it bold on to the FT bellhouse? And, how did you manage the fuel return line? As far as I know, there is a return line in FT.

Only 2 posts away from your question…

Only 2 posts away from your question…

I am really lucky.

It's a great combo for any cruiser that's for sure but just on your comments about the h55f, the h150* series or gearbox is alot stronger than the h55f if the end goal is a turbo upgrade ect. The h55f in good order arguably shifts nicer than the truck like h150* series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom