Another rear bumper build! Pics inside. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks good to me!

That would be super easy to do. I would build a custom rear cross member to replace the factory (most likely rotten) cross member. It would bolt to the same spots as the rear bumper mounting brackets. Then attach the witch to that custom cross member. Give me some design time and I could come up with something. PM if interested.

Thanks, I'm still overseas for a couple of months. I will get back to you when I'm ready.

AKcruiserfreak - I dont' think you need to worry about making it any stronger. Really good tire placement to me. Could you show a pic of that center latch now that it's all welded up, curious as to how you've done that.

Here it is! Finally got the time to finish everything up. It's not perfect but I kinda like it. I was worried about people ripping off my gas and/or jerry cans hence the ugly locks and extra metal. Here's the pics. Let me know if you see anything that needs extra support.

Also, Here's a close up pic of the latch mechanism.
Thanks
TK
rear1.jpg
rear2.jpg
rear3.jpg

That is really nice. Glad you got it finished. Thanks for the extra picture.

Shotgun, does this mean that I get to bug you until you get yours finished? lol
Fourrunner, it doesn't rattle at the latch. Everything else rattles, but not the latch. ;) I welded some extra metal on the nut so it sits perfectly flush with the pin.
Thanks for the props cruiserpilot, if you need any more detailed pics let me know.

It's been a fun project, now I need to get out and enjoy it!

TK

Shotgun, does this mean that I get to bug you until you get yours finished? lol
Fourrunner, it doesn't rattle at the latch. Everything else rattles, but not the latch. ;) I welded some extra metal on the nut so it sits perfectly flush with the pin.
Thanks for the props cruiserpilot, if you need any more detailed pics let me know.

It's been a fun project, now I need to get out and enjoy it!

TK

By all means haha. I just don't have any time since my welder/all the fab stuff is 40 minutes away, which doesn't seem bad, except I can't find time to go down there with school, work, social, etc, etc, etc.

Spring break is fast approaching though, so maybe that's what I'll knock out.

Here it is! Finally got the time to finish everything up. It's not perfect but I kinda like it. I was worried about people ripping off my gas and/or jerry cans hence the ugly locks and extra metal. Here's the pics. Let me know if you see anything that needs extra support.

Also, Here's a close up pic of the latch mechanism.
Thanks
TK

What is that threaded rod? Is that a big bolt welded in the back side with a hole drilled in the end for a pin?

nice

being a new member to this here forum finding some great buids for the rear bar is real rewarding ,checking thru 1600 posts well that in itself is interesting .Great work hope it is still going strong

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom