Builds Another LV (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It is oem but I have only seen a couple and am not sure what years / models they came on. That one came from a 66 fst.

I would like to get my hands on one those. I like it.

IMG_3063.JPG
PTO shaft ready for reassembly.

As has been previously discussed (but I obviously missed). The early pto ujoints are NLA and the 395 joints are for the newer shafts. So I ended up cleaning and reusing the original joints.

Ready to install

IMG_3081.JPG

One step closer. I just realized the shaft is from a 4 speed so I have to shorten it about 4" and I should be up and running.

One step closer.

IMG_3083.JPG

It was Mushros truck he’d gotten it out of Arizona. Amazingly clean save the rear corner crunches from a departure angle and the rear door hinges ripped out of all of them. I owned it through around 08 or 09. Worked to bring it back to driveable OEM. That was an offenhouser intake with a 38mm Weber. The seats and door panels got new vinyl the horsehair stuffing it’s still in there I think. Rounded up all the impossible parts but never found a floor mat. It sat in a barn in Iowa while we were stationed in a Japan. The fam we moved from japan to Germany I’d picked up a Bj44 and a Bj46 by then ... sadly the LV had to go. My kids now grown still love that truck. My son learned to drive it in a pasture there in Iowa while we were on leave. The panel in the back got sanded between me and 71-cruiser. 71-Cruiser you’ve really done well by it! We’re very happy it’s in great hands. Congrats!

Any updates?

Not trying to hijack. But my LV is for sale in the classified.
I am so jealous yours is driving. Wow.

Non update Update.

Truck runs great and is our date night vehicle. It gets driven around town a couple of times a month.

I did replace the bulbs in the 70s WARN driving lights and wire them up so they actually work now.

F2205134-B879-4C66-8144-51EB212E5C07.jpeg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom