Another body work thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Finaly done with the body work and priming ready for a color coat just in time for the good weather
What a lot of work I don't even want to figure how much I have into it
Work in progress
455 Pontiac all rebuild and sitting on the engine stand
55 springs for rear
New family cage bent up last fall ready for install

Sorry for the low quality pics, Phone pictures suck

Last edited:
I started with a epoxy primer then two coats of high fill primer, and of course Rage Gold (bondo) and weld for all the extra holes, sanded down to 400 and shot the color today. Went with a single stage white even though I will still clear the outside.
The project all started with the family cage, I figured since the new cage was out so I could weld it together and paint it I should go ahead and paint the inside of the cruiser and one thing led to another and here I am

Nice. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Well have color on the whole body and have the silver colored pearl ghost flames shot on the body. Just need to sand everything down to 800 and shoot the clear and I'll be done with half of my long winter project. The front clip is completely finished and sitting in a room in the house.
After clearing I get to start on the assembly of my 455 short block for the swap.
Hoping to be complete and running on the first of May so I can do a little testing before I hit the Con in June.
Pics include the front clip and the tapped off flames on the half doors.
If you take a good look you can see where I welded up the blinker holes and frenched in a set of led blinkers into the front of the fender.
03-25-07_1309.jpg
03-15-07_1552.jpg
03-14-07_0834.jpg

NICE color choices!

Just a word about doing the cage at this point...you wanna check and make sure the doors will close...been there.

Thanks for the nice comments fellas and Texx I did test the cage and doors they were mocked up just before the tear down and also sence I'm using the older Doors they don't "poke" into the interior as much as the later doors.

Shot the Peal for the flames over the weekend then cleared the doors yesterday and started to retape the body for its clear coat. Been breezy the last couple days so hopefully it'll be still tomarro, unfortunataly I have to shoot it outside but the clear dries to the touch in about 15 minutes.
More Pictures to come probably after the weekend.

Steve

Well moving right along started assembly of the interior and roll cage
Couple of pics of the roll cage set inside. All the wiring is run inside of the tubing for the CB and the dome light also I wired a couple of cigarette lighter plugs into the top of the roll bar and as you can see by the pics I found a couple of fans that just plug right into the lighter plugs, will be a little nicer on those 100 degree days,
DSC00442.jpg
DSC00443.jpg
DSC00444.jpg

Couple more pics
Interior back together
Doors hung
Roll Cage mounted and wired

And back to the camera phone again so not the clearest
04-11-07_1240.jpg
04-11-07_1241.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back