Builds An FJ40 Named Dusty (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I am happy to announce that "Dusty", the 1982 FJ40 came back to life this past weekend! I can't wait to get this one tagged, insured and driving around town.

Koito H4's wired up. 8274 wired up and spooled with fresh synthetic rope and a Factor 55 flat link. Dusty is soon to be a walking, talking man about town.
IMG_6459[1].JPG
IMG_6460[1].JPG
IMG_6461[1].JPG
IMG_6462[1].JPG
IMG_6463[1].JPG
IMG_6464[1].JPG

I've been having a blast driving Dusty these last few weeks. I've sorted out a few minor issues. I had a driveline vibration beginning at around 50 mph that was solved by adding 2* shims in the rear, and while I was ordering shims from @orangefj45 I went ahead, ordered and installed 4* shims in the front to get my caster corrected. I purchased and installed a trans/ transfer bypass hose from @shipmag and new hood hinge pins from @SMG. The truck runs and drives like new. It's super silent inside, no rattles, and it's so different from any 40 series that I have ever owned or driven. These later trucks are just more refined, quieter and the overall feel is much more like driving a 60 than a 40. I'm beyond stoked with this truck.

KYJI9177[1].JPG
IMG_6548[1].JPG
IMG_6480[1].JPG
IMG_6544[1].JPG
IMG_6481[1].JPG

I've been having a blast driving Dusty these last few weeks. I've sorted out a few minor issues. I had a driveline vibration beginning at around 50 mph that was solved by adding 2* shims in the rear, and while I was ordering shims from @orangefj45 I went ahead, ordered and installed 4* shims in the front to get my caster corrected. I purchased and installed a trans/ transfer bypass hose from @shipmag and new hood hinge pins from @SMG. The truck runs and drives like new. It's super silent inside, no rattles, and it's so different from any 40 series that I have ever owned or driven. These later trucks are just more refined, quieter and the overall feel is much more like driving a 60 than a 40. I'm beyond stoked with this truck.

View attachment 3476793View attachment 3476794View attachment 3476795View attachment 3476797View attachment 3476799
Thanks for the compliment another happy mudder! Im jealous your rig is awesome!

Gotta ask- made any visits to Grandpa Cox? I bet he wouldn't believe what his 40 looks like now!
Soon. Very soon. I’ve got a couple more little things to do with it before I take it back to Mr. Cox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom