Amp Under Driver's Seat (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I want to put an amp under the driver's seat and would like anyone's take who has done this.

What amp did you put under there (manufacturer and model #), leather or cloth, and what year is your truck?

I think I remember reading somewhere that I may have a little more room because I have cloth manual seats.

Pics wouldn't hurt either.

TIA

I put an amp underneath with no problem. I have leather, manual seats. Crossfire VR300. just make sure it fits when sliding the seat back and forth. bolted it straight to the frame

Would anyone know if this Alpine amp fits under the DS seat. I'm leaning toward this one for all four doors and sub, its small, and doesn't need a lot of space for cooling since its digital.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - PDX-5

fits under ds, just measure carefully before and dont forget height

I put mine under there too. Worked out nicely. Didn't even bolt it down (don't like drilling holes for stuff like that), but put some good industrial strength velcro on the bottom with no problems.

It's a Audiobahn A4004T 400W 4-channel amp running a pretty mild system.

Would anyone know if this Alpine amp fits under the DS seat. I'm leaning toward this one for all four doors and sub, its small, and doesn't need a lot of space for cooling since its digital.

Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. - PDX-5

fits under ds, just measure carefully before and dont forget height

Same amp I was looking at. The only thing I don't like is the fact that the amp puts out the same power whether in 2 or 4 ohm set up. Makes no sense to me, usually these nice amps put out big power under low resistance. Oh well, I think 300w should be enough for a small sub in the passenger side panel in the back.

I will take a look at all my options, any suggestions will be appreciated. Looking for an amp that fits under the driver's seat and can power 4 speakers up front and at least 300w to a sub.

I put a big amp under my seat. The seat had a hard time moving back and forth for a bit, but it wore a groove in the amp. No more problems.

I put a big amp under my seat. The seat had a hard time moving back and forth for a bit, but it wore a groove in the amp. No more problems.

I like your style. That is close tolerance clearancing.

Rockford Fosgate. One under each front seat.

_MG_9508.JPG

I went ahead and ordered an Alpine PDX 5. I made a cardboard box with the amps measurements to make sure it would fit first.

It was a pretty tight fit because of the bulging carpet but once I screwed the amp down there is at least 1" of clearance over the amp. Fits very nicely.

HaHa! I tried that with a Sherwood 4ch but it was a bit too high and was binding the seat motor so I took it out.:doh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom