Am I ridiculous for preferring a Land Cruiser over a LX470? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The beauty of either the "wood" in the LC or the WOOD in the LX is that they are both easily removable with a heat gun.
Do you have an example of this wood removal on the LX? I have not tried but I don't even feel a seam where it can be separated.

Yes, IMO you are for preferring the LC over the LX. I have had multiple of both and if you are hung up on the L badging and headlights, then I think you are missing out. I could not be more pleased with my LX and thats coming from an LC.

Owned both LX wins hands down with looks and performance

AHC is a true winner for our family with poser mode it looks great and with the flick of a couple buttons you get handling and a ride like no LC will never have at any speed.:D

Ours is a purpose built travel/tow car that on the road is super quiet, smooth, and super easy to drive.

The best part is our LX is 100% wife approved and still looks cool.

What is that...its a Lexus...really....we love it!
Do you have a build thread?

We get more of the LX spec but in a land Cruiser body over here, Mine is a 98 with rear locker, AHC, Climate Control, folding mirrors, extra interior lighting. Then we have a 50th Anniversary which looks to be very much the same, but again in the Landcruiser body. Lexus didn't release the LX470 so the Landcruiser had more options In there Range, Gx - similar to your Land Cruiser but only came with fabric seats, also available as a manual gearbox in diesel form, Vx - more luxurious with a lot of the LX470 features and the 50th anniversary edition had the full trimmings. We do see a few Toyota Cygnus over here as they can be imported from Japan.

This is such a matter of personal preference, if you don't like how the Lexus looks, then buy a Toyota. It would be ridiculous to spend so much money on something that isn't exactly what you want.

06 LC and 06 LX470 and yes I do like this style bumper:grinpimp:
TJM front.JPG

MT2b3nCV3S7ofxgk2WswFS6POkvU89rUxA3sAMY5rVLm6yf1nmdqD1095G6hr0eIw1G6Jxx2iuZlAjc48qfJWiSDHmtDoujMiYlXVI3z37l3VG4Iv0TT1CHVZVjoOxljUCUyxU8h-9wcwh3yAo4rA6y4qWLWiACy6fuc8hcxqKfIcWhVjrfji9tXIbGvcShUE76l6xERg3-eCLhq4Kwneiy2iwZUclp9hbwB21C20okC8GzXNpGXVtkBCZZqVCB8-f9uAzrWSFJmTcwEm1Si3oOwpyJu5jTSXI3g86LvNBKv5QobDEilutd4wiTtgn-ygam2zg3aqLYmKxPXgO-k1zBpjfBSCRfAR7YP86DH6OkZmeEDsLSjvyqyzu4kdzJepLF_jJ-ZrFDOg9qcZXHYzbWoxS718NFIRFqb_F3PkTJ6J4OsPIXsc8LG2j38TbWRsjNuz56lJSV2vbE5bov-sMk3ojpRrWYnjlFuBZoPWbmUMg8OlDWdy7I3QLx18-u0TvjlOV7tkOxK47F9uNLmMBocQG6SbnIOQy79b2LjIZovemfzz4ntBh7fB_FITJEebcnw3VsgFBlo1Als17SDuaTlLY_5Xfkcaygq4LnzNyY=w1332-h888-no

What are the actual differences other than looks?
I think some of the differences will depend on the year. For example, my LX has Navigation, rear camera, power folding mirrors, AHC to name a few, but some LC have those too. Starting 05/06, a lot of LC came with the AHC.

LX's should not be overlooked. They are a LandCruiser, but have several advantages:

1) they were typically mall-cruisers so very little offroad abuse
2) Lexus owners tend to take their vehicles to Lexus for all scheduled maintenance
3) abundantly available in most markets
4) typically $2-3k less than comparable LCs
5) AHC.....this is a bit loaded. If it works and is in good condition, it is incredible....and easy to maintain. Love the ability to go low to enter my garage and go HIGH when on the trails. LOVE the ability to adjust the responsiveness of the suspension from Caddy-like float to stiff and sporty. If it's bad, well, then you're replacing it. But, the $2-3k you saved up front buys you a HIGH quality conventional suspension AND leaves money left over for sliders or a front bumper.
6) Electric fold-in mirrors. Don't discount this. On the trails it's great to be able to push a button and fold both mirrors in.
7) Auto-dimming mirrors
8) Auto-climate contol
9) LED gauges in dash
10) More sound insulation so much quieter on the highway
11) The disbelief you get from the public that the rig is a Lexus. Even better when you're off-road doing rough trails and guys on ATVs and Heeps are completely surprised that you're leading the way up trails in a Lexus. Something just so satisfying with that.

I looked for an LC for a long time before realizing I could come out much further ahead if I considered LXs.

For anyone who thinks LXs can't look tough, well.......

View attachment 1560334

Well said.

Nice looking rig too.

"Hook 'em Horns" (grew up and went to school in Austin).

I'm proud of you all for coming around! I remember back in the day with my '06 LX470... The sentiment was far and away more for an LC. With snickers for the LX. Because while they were aware of the sister platform, they simply didn't understand! Especially AHC!

Now that I have an LX570, with the 200-series boards relatively in their infancy, I'm taking them through the same journey. And I'm seeing positive changes with more hardcore owners willing to pickup the LX570... and mod it!

Miss my LX470 after seeing these pics. Righteous looking rigs. It's still in the family as I sold it to my brother.

The Landcruiser name is legendary. Go tell someone outside of this forum you have a LX470 and they will say “what”?
The LX470 IS a Land Cruiser. Toyota decided to brand it as a Lexus in NA and other markets where the luxury brand exists, but in the rest of the world, the LX470 is just another trim level of the Land Cruiser. If you are seriously arguing that, somehow, the Land Cruiser badge imbues a 100 series with special powers, well that's just ridiculous. Both are UZJ100s. The LX470 is a higher trim level version of the LC.

The LX470 IS a Land Cruiser. Toyota decided to brand it as a Lexus in NA and other markets where the luxury brand exists, but in the rest of the world, the LX470 is just another trim level of the Land Cruiser. If you are seriously arguing that, somehow, the Land Cruiser badge imbues a 100 series with special powers, well that's just ridiculous. Both are UZJ100s. The LX470 is a higher trim level version of the LC.

Correct! It's called a Cygnus in other markets and is the highest echelon in the LC family. Lexus doesn't exist outside North America.

As a lifelong RUSH fan, I particularly am fond of the Cygnus name :)

Cygnus.jpg

Last edited:
What I am saying is nobody knows what a LX470 is when you say the name. I did not imply at all that a Landcruiser has special powers. Did you even read my post? I am saying the name Landcruiser is well known, LX470 not so much

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom