1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

aluminum tub

Discussion in '40- & 55-Series Tech' started by db, Sep 10, 2003.

1. db

db

Is anyone using an aluminum tub on there fj40? Looking for some feedback on one.

db

2. wngrog

wngrog SILVER Star

My friend Todd in the town next to me just installed one on his Cruiser he is building.

Nice unit.

Good fit and quality.

3. MJM

MJM SILVER Star

I have installed one on an 80Fj40, I am very pleased with how it fits seems a lot stronger than the stock tub although my tub was very rusted. I did not use the mickey mouse plates b/t the tub and cowl, I welded in metal to make the cowl match the tub I tried to post a pic but my files are to big. I would recomend the tub to anyone who has a completely rusted out tub. Aqualu was very helpfull with qs they do have a video that shows how the tub fits and general instalation instructions. The video is amature but informative. Buy direct from them shipping is very cheap considering what it is $125 from BC to OH. Let me know if you have ?s. I think I still have the video.
    MJM

4. axlechassis

axlechassis

I have been very pleased with the one I put on earlier this year.

5. axlechassis

axlechassis

These tubs are very high quality pieces of work. Much stronger and lighter than the original. I like the liftgate and tailgate options. You can also use the stock ambulance doors paint it and maintain a totally stock appearance. since I'm into function I haven't even bothered to paint it. Mine also has a 2" body lift. This helps the installation of the tub and also make room for 40 tires in the future and a variety of drivetrain mods. It also makes alot easier to work on day to day. since you've got a cruiser you must know we end up doing alot periodic tinkering. It is a vast improvement over my old rust bucket tub

6. axlechassis

axlechassis

new shot of the front with my truck turns signals