aluminum tub (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

db

Threads
Is anyone using an aluminum tub on there fj40? Looking for some feedback on one.

db

I have installed one on an 80Fj40, I am very pleased with how it fits seems a lot stronger than the stock tub although my tub was very rusted. I did not use the mickey mouse plates b/t the tub and cowl, I welded in metal to make the cowl match the tub I tried to post a pic but my files are to big. I would recomend the tub to anyone who has a completely rusted out tub. Aqualu was very helpfull with qs they do have a video that shows how the tub fits and general instalation instructions. The video is amature but informative. Buy direct from them shipping is very cheap considering what it is $125 from BC to OH. Let me know if you have ?s. I think I still have the video.
MJM

These tubs are very high quality pieces of work. Much stronger and lighter than the original. I like the liftgate and tailgate options. You can also use the stock ambulance doors paint it and maintain a totally stock appearance. since I'm into function I haven't even bothered to paint it. Mine also has a 2" body lift. This helps the installation of the tub and also make room for 40 tires in the future and a variety of drivetrain mods. It also makes alot easier to work on day to day. since you've got a cruiser you must know we end up doing alot periodic tinkering. It is a vast improvement over my old rust bucket tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom