After owning five 100 series, I finally bought a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
What's up gang, picked this guy up a couple months ago and have been baselining it and getting it up to my standards. Enjoying the ride so far, it took some time to get used to the driving dynamics of it. It feels huge for some reason, like much bigger than the 100. I'm enjoying the extra power and creature comforts, but i do miss how the 100 drives. The seats are also a little stiff compare to my LX470. One day i'll own another 100 series, but for now i'm enjoying this ride.

I fully baselined it with all the fluids

Flushed coolant
Flushed brake fluid
Flushed power steering fluid
Diff/TC fluid
Switched to 5w30

Mods
Tundra calipers/rotors/lines brakes upgrade ( a mod everyone should do if you have a pre 2016 model)
Victory 4x4 Rack with slim Rigid light bar
TRD Pro style wheels with 275/70/18 KO2 (offset +20)
TKO sliders
Removed 3rd row seats

My wife and I road trip a lot, we camp, hike, fish, and do offroading whenever we have time. I set this up as a reliable/capable/comfortable vehicle to do all of that. My 100 series took us all over America national parks, we paid through the nose for gas but smiles per gallon was worth it :) This one gets a little better MPG but not by much. I'm building a sleeping platform in the next couple of weeks then some storage up top of the rack so we can sleep inside.

Day i brought it home

52803025794_fdc4fbabf7_b.jpg

After a few mods, here's what it looks like now

52918748844_0ecc7a722e_h.jpg

52918011702_a73ee194fb_h.jpg

52919055453_9ee9d894c7_h.jpg

52918748864_c6d48ccb64_h.jpg

Here's my previous 100 series, I had 1 more but it was stock and didn't have it for long

52918718144_52b1512299_h.jpg

Looks like a good platform to enjoy your life!

Replace the radiator?

Looks like a perfect rig with plans !

Replace the radiator?

Looks like a perfect rig with plans !

Upon inspection it looks like it was replaced at some point. The common crack at the plastic square doesn’t show any sign of stress. Will cross that bridge when we get there. You’ll get a warning before it craps itself.

I need to refinish the headlights, that’s next on the list

What year? How many miles. Nice rig!

What year? How many miles. Nice rig!
2013 with 160K when I bought it. Runs like new and nothing is leaking. Paint is in immaculate condition as well, that’s why I took a shot at it. Happy I did

2013 with 160K when I bought it. Runs like new and nothing is leaking. Paint is in immaculate condition as well, that’s why I took a shot at it. Happy I did
I had 2 100’s and made the jump. I haven’t looked back.

I had 2 100’s and made the jump. I haven’t looked back.

I sold my 2006 with 242K miles on it, put in 3 grand more to get this 200. So it was a heck of a deal i thought, 7 years newer with 80K less miles.

I would figure out another way to mount the shovel. The blade will rotate in those quick fists and scratch up the paint.

Nice truck and build!

I would figure out another way to mount the shovel. The blade will rotate in those quick fists and scratch up the paint.

Nice truck and build!

Thanks! No worries, i learned from my previous experience. I've added 2 foam pieces on the shovel and the paint of the truck. The quickfist also has a zip tie around it for better security.
IMG_3605.jpeg

Thanks! No worries, i learned from my previous experience. I've added 2 foam pieces on the shovel and the paint of the truck. The quickfist also has a zip tie around it for better security.View attachment 3330338

Just a heads up that foam or not, when dirt gets behind that, it will rub the paint down.

nice! Welcome to the club, I too have had a few 100s and finally made the jump to a higher mileage 2014. It was really weird how much bigger it feels, yet when loading with gear, clearly. Loading the same way as I did the 100, it is about the same size. I have been getting a solid 4-5mpg better than my 100s, which is welcomed with the power. Love the sliders, thats high on my list. Might just have to copy you with that roof rack

nice! Welcome to the club, I too have had a few 100s and finally made the jump to a higher mileage 2014. It was really weird how much bigger it feels, yet when loading with gear, clearly. Loading the same way as I did the 100, it is about the same size. I have been getting a solid 4-5mpg better than my 100s, which is welcomed with the power. Love the sliders, thats high on my list. Might just have to copy you with that roof rack
I remember seeing your adventures in the 100 series! Also your sequoia too. Hwy mpg in the 200 is better by about 3-4 for me over the 100. City miles are about the same 11-12mpg. What’s considered high mileage for a 200? I know in the 100 high mileage starts at around 300K.

I plan on replacing the globes, so when i do that i'll flush the AHC as well. Will shim the rear springs with a 30mm coil spacer and the front with a 10mm spacer to help the aging tired springs.

is your last beach pic in Corolla? I think I recognize that house.

Good eye, it is. Weather was awesome and the sun was setting, great picture opportunity

I remember seeing your adventures in the 100 series! Also your sequoia too. Hwy mpg in the 200 is better by about 3-4 for me over the 100. City miles are about the same 11-12mpg. What’s considered high mileage for a 200? I know in the 100 high mileage starts at around 300K.
Not to sure what's high mileage yet....still new myself lol. I found the newest one I could with the highest mileage. Just my cup of tea.I have 176k on my 2014

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom