After owning five 100 series, I finally bought a 200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Good eye, it is. Weather was awesome and the sun was setting, great picture opportunity

Will be back in the same spot 9/28-10/1 - can't wait

also going to Cape Lookout mid-June - love OBX

When I made the switch I was really surprised that the 200 carried over zero of the 100 driving feel, it's just 100% different.

That said at the same mileage my 200 has needed nothing and my 100 had a laundry list of mechanical needs and a lot of rust everywhere. The 200 is just substantially better built stem to stern, albeit a totally different truck.

When I made the switch I was really surprised that the 200 carried over zero of the 100 driving feel, it's just 100% different.

That said at the same mileage my 200 has needed nothing and my 100 had a laundry list of mechanical needs and a lot of rust everywhere. The 200 is just substantially better built stem to stern, albeit a totally different truck.

I know what you mean, they drive completely different. There are things I miss about my 100 and there are things I don’t. I for sure don’t miss how much of a hassle it was to replace the front pads and rotors. I don’t miss having to replace the timing belt and I don’t miss the driveline clunk. I do miss how comfortable and plush the seats were. I miss how good it looks and how smooth that 4.7 was. For long road trips I’d prefer the 200, for quick trips running errands I’d prefer the 100. Easy to drive and park and such.

Agreed and the 100-series feels like Toyota/Lexus of the era. Plush deep travel with a lightness to all the controls. Loved the low beltline, agility, and visibility all around.

The 200-series takes on a more taught feel. I don't think it really looses any agility but might feel like it with the controls being heavier. It was surely a change. After many years with the 200-series, I can't go back. The power and capacities can't be matches by the earlier generations.

I never had an 80-series. Wonder how that feels compared to the 100 and 200.

Agility is many things, and I agree the 100-series feels better in this regard. Had to look up turning radius as my perception was that the 200-series wasn't worse. To my surprise...

Turning circle
  • 80-series - 40.4-42 ft
  • 100-series - 39.7 ft
  • 200-series - 38.8 ft
  • 200-series with turn assist o_O
  • 300-series - 39.4 ft

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom