Advice for buying an FJ43 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Good afternoon! I'm looking to get some advice for buying an 1981 FJ43. It looks like a beautiful truck but I'm such a novice. I've seen pictures of the truck during the restoration process and wanted to know your opinions and thoughts. here is the link:
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/toyota/fj43/1983984.html any advice would be much appreciated. Is this a $55,000 truck? It was restored in Columbia and it looks like a heck of a restoration but I'm such a novice.

I drive one.
For me I’m distracted by all the shiny paint. It does look restored. But after putting all the trouble in to it why couldn’t they have put the rubber bumpers on the windshield hold downs? Also the description says it’s from Japan. But it looks like a LHD from Colombia? Looks like it’s a turn key 43.

Before acting on it I’d give Tom a call at N2Cruzers to see what he has sitting around. 468-855-5882
Or
@aljollano 512-801-4692

Good luck

devo

Last edited:
Thanks! Yes it is definitely from Colombia, not sure why it says from Japan

it says from japan , because it was Made In JAPAN

what ever u do , DO NOT buy sight unseen remotely , buy in person , test drive , take a spare change of cloths , and crawl under chassis

get your self dirty looking for ANYTHING

if it checks out , and u like it and feel comfortable , ALL IN PERSON ................

Then "Drop Your Wad , & follow your Dreams" :smokin:

1983 FJ43L-KC

IMG_0695.JPG
IMG_0700.JPG
DSCN6587.JPG
DSCN6594.JPG
DSCN6580.JPG

Here is another 1983 FJ43L-KC

this was a Shop Client's of mine , it was imported from Columbia , with a Stellar Paint & Body Work

Job

it did have a HIGH level of Mechanical & Electrical issues to contend with Post-Purchase

they have since Sold the Truck

I was allowed to and simply Encouraged to Get " Creative " with this project by my clients ,

as they wanted re-coup there losses at time of sale when i was complete .

DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0025.JPG
DSC_0028.JPG
DSC_0031.JPG
DSC_0038.JPG

Nice job, Matt--lots of detail work. Like the special color touches on the knobs, especially the red tip on the cigarette on the lighter knob. wouldn't that truck have had a 50Amp ammeter?

Nice job, Matt--lots of detail work. Like the special color touches on the knobs, especially the red tip on the cigarette on the lighter knob. wouldn't that truck have had a 50Amp ammeter?

whiteguagefaces.com is a awesome company to deal with ,

i suppose that optional decal was overlooked in the kit ?

Thank you for the Kind words @Bear :) !

Your Knowledge of the TOYOTA Pull Switch & Pull Switch Knob Topic

is
OFF The HOOK !

When u return to read this , take Note of The Head Light Switch Knob

That's My Custom
" Columbia Spec. Interior Package Theme " :grinpimp:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom