Adjustable Rear U/L Control Arms and Adjustable Panhard Bars (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

TRAIL TAILOR

Enabler
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
trail-tailor.com
All,

Rear Lower Control Arms

Rear lower arms-- (Johnny Joint one end and poly bushing on other)
1.75" x .330 DOM

Rear upper ULTI-Arms--(Johnny Joint and on vehicle adjustable)
1.25" x .156" DOM

Rear upper standard adjustable arms

Jason

IMG_20161210_105331657.jpg
IMG_20161210_105344019.jpg
IMG_20161210_105355111.jpg

4451E5A0-B8C2-44D0-B711-7F10E4019E12_zpsxa8gru2p.jpg

Last edited:
Nice, but how will these be adjustable if there's a bushing in one end?

Nice, but how will these be adjustable if there's a bushing in one end?
They are adjustable at the end with the johnny joint. Generally speaking a large amount of adjustability isn't necessary for most trucks, on average maybe an inch from either uppers or lowers. That should be easily handled by the johnny joint.
@reevesci is that accurate?

They are adjustable at the end with the johnny joint. Generally speaking a large amount of adjustability isn't necessary for most trucks, on average maybe an inch from either uppers or lowers. That should be easily handled by the johnny joint.
@reevesci is that accurate?

A,

As far as the amount of adjustment needed depends on the amount of lift and amount of correction the pinion needs to get it back to proper angles. IMO, minimal to no correction is needed for lifts under 2".

2.5"-6" lifts need the axle rotated to get a good pinion angle back. Some use a DC shaft to help correct this and some use a DC shaft and adjustable arms. To each their own.

Yes, this design and the Johnny Joint will allow for a 2"+ total adjustment, from 1" shorter than stock to 1" longer than stock. Just because both ends don't move doesn't mean its not adjustable. If you want an arm that is completely adjustable, on the vehicle, I can make those as well. Otherwise, pull the Johnny Joint bolt.. turn the joint to your needs... lock the nut and reinstall the bolt.

My 2 upper arm designs are on vehicle adjustable. Mainly because of the location and ease of access.

J

What I was getting at is that you still have to pull the bolt from the JJ to adjust it.

Some people are lazy and just want to put an adjustable wrench on the link :flipoff2:

What I was getting at is that you still have to pull the bolt from the JJ to adjust it.

Some people are lazy and just want to put an adjustable wrench on the link :flipoff2:
While this is true, it seems that the majority of people won't need to make frequent adjustments, just an initial adjustment and then leave it alone.

While this is true, it seems that the majority of people won't need to make frequent adjustments, just an initial adjustment and then leave it alone.

A,

Correct!

Pretty much a set it and forget it for the most part. But, there are the guys that will fiddle with it every time they go out to get the absolute most out of it. For that group, like stated above, call me for details and pricing.

J

Can you PM me a price including shipping to Mount Isa, QLD, 4825, Australia for the fully adjustable ULTI-ARM uppers and lowers?

All,

I will be releasing my version of rear control arms in the next couple of weeks.

A couple of versions will be released from HD stock replacement to Currie Johhny Joints, FULLY adjustable (while on rig- no end removal)

Rear lower arms-- 325.00 pair (Johnny Joint one end and poly bushing on other)
1.75" x .250 DOM

Rear upper ULTI-Arms-- 365.00 (Johnny Joint and on vehicle adjustable)
1.375" x .120" DOM

I can make a rear lower ULTI-ARM that is on vehicle adjustable as well. Please PM me for pricing and specifics.

Jason

View attachment 1364488 View attachment 1364489 View attachment 1364490

Does a buyer need to provide more clearance for upper control pockets, body end?

Does a buyer need to provide more clearance for upper control pockets, body end?

Phil,

The 80 series upper channels will need to be clearanced for these. The 100, 200, FJC (and all the 4Rs Ive looked at so far are good to go.) I guess Toyota figured the upper channels were a binding issue and removed them after the 80 series.

They fit and will move freely for light use, but get in the rocks/articulation and they are going to need to be trimmed/removed.

J

Nice looking gear.

I'm in the market for rear upper adjustable arms-80 series. Nice coincidence!

Will the Jonny joints last in that application? I like the grease zerk and implied potential to keep it lubed up.

Also, will the part that needs to be clearanced be obvious?

Nice looking gear.

I'm in the market for rear upper adjustable arms-80 series. Nice coincidence!

Will the Jonny joints last in that application? I like the grease zerk and implied potential to keep it lubed up.

Also, will the part that needs to be clearanced be obvious?

Andy,

Currie has JJs on competition rigs that are up to 3 years old. Both ends are greasable and can be rebuilt as well. The upper frame channel will need to be opened up.

I'll PM you payment etc..

Jason

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom