Adding an evaporative emissions systems to a 2f (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I have a 1980's Style composite fj40 with a 1978 2f power plant.

I am hoping to track down the parts list and tech required to add an evap emissions system for the purpose of reducing unwanted fuel vapors from the fuel tank. Something similar to the 1977 fj40 federal evap emissions with only what is required for proper fuel tank venting, charcoal, canister, control valves. etc..

if any one is knowledgeable in this area your input would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe someone is in the process of deleting emissions and would be willing to document disassembly and placement of the necessary components and sell these parts ?

Thank you for your time

The non-purist just add my rear fuel cell to gain gallonage and eliminate fuel smell- - -easy deal.

Downey ! Thank you for the reply.

My fuel tank is a custom aluminum tank installed under the rear of the vehicle this is what I am hoping to vent through an evap system.

Starting with a blank evap emissions slate I am hoping to track down the components required to carry out venting my rear fuel cell through a charcoal canister to the intake manifold... with all of the proper components to allow this system to function and purge as they were meant to.

This is what I have as a starting point, I stole this from another thread with regards to a 77 fj40 federal emissions.

emissions_scan_isometric_desmogged_2.jpg

emissions_scan_schematic_desmogged1.jpg

How does the throttle position diaphragm activate the VSV ? vacuum on throttle opening or pressure on throttle opening ? How is this tied into the signal that is sent from the computer ?

How does the VSV work as a unit with regards to the inputs from the Throttle Position Diaphragm and the Computer.

Is a Computer and Speed Sensor required or can the VSV computer connections be tied into a different source to allow the valve to purge the canister ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom