AC line leak help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The AC lines below my passenger door are showing signs of leaking. I took off the insulation and the brackets and could not find the source of the leak. I took it to a local shop to have the AC recharged after replacing the AC condenser and they also could not find a leak and said the system held vacuum. Is this normal? Is it just condensation? Thanks
IMG20230823071709.jpg

Disregard - I found the leak. It was in the small line, just like I told the shop I thought it would be.

that certainly looks like the UV leak-detecting dye used in refrigerant. That is not normal.
if the truck is new to you, see how long the AC charge lasts before it stops working again, maybe it's a slow leak.

Was it a hole in the small line or the fitting up above? Today I found exactly the same thing happening on mine.

Same here, same place, same problem. Small leak that needs refrigerant in the spring then again in the fall. I'd like to fix it but it looks like a pita to change

I just fixed it the other day. It was a hole in the small line on the side facing towards the vehicle. It was not fun. The line runs under the muffler and under a heat shield. I was planning on replacing the muffler, so I removed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom